Chapter 8

It turns out none of the ‘turtles’ were up for discussion; Donatello had quickly excused himself from the room and practically ran into the lab, shutting the door behind him quietly. Leo remained vigilant sitting against the sofa with a mate and brother curled into him. The leader in blue tightened his grip on the two before he allowed himself to meditate. Casey soon found himself playing a card game with the mighty mutanimals while Splinter and April went off to do a training session. Leo opened his eyes after two hours of meditation to a smell that made his stomach rumble in delight. Looking down he noticed his mate's peaceful face, Raphael looked more like his age when he was asleep, it brought a smile to the leader in blue but he also saw a vulnerable side of Raphael that Leonardo longed to protect. 

A hand on his shoulder made him lose focus on his mate, following the arm of the hand. Leo met the eyes of his father offering some tea which Leo eagerly accepted, not moving much since his mate remained asleep. Splinter smiled at his son who looked with love at Raphael.

“Leoanrdo, how are you feeling?” Splinter’s question came to a surprise to the leader in blue. 

“I am fine, father, why do you ask?”

Splinter shook his head with a chuckle. 

“Leonardo my son, I mean how do you feel about becoming a father?” Splinter asked with a chuckle. Leo smirked while taking a sip from the herbal tea he loved so much. “Honestly Father, I am scared as well as excited. I fear that I will not be able to protect Raphael and my children from any future danger….”. Splinter shook his head at the anxious leader. Leonardo always worried too much. “Leonardo, my son. You should not worry about the future, although it will be here before you know it. You should focus on what is here in the present. I’m sure if Raphael was awake, he would call you something for being what’s the word…” “An idiot Sensei” Mikey’s voice appeared behind the two as he carried six pizza boxes. “Yes Michelangelo that is the word. Although Raphael has always expressed his emotions through action, I feel he will say the word before punching you to prove his point. My son, I know you are a strong brave warrior but you must use your strengths for when you are a father. It will not be easy but you have family behind you, to protect your own family. Don’t not worry about the future my son, focus on the present” Splinter explained, he patted Leo’s shoulder before taking the empty cups and making his way over to the kitchen. Mikey smirked mimicking his father but shortly stopped as he heard, “Michelangelo that will be 10 flips for your behaviour”. Mikey gasped before settling the pizza’s down and walking over to the nearest wall and doing his punishment with a cheeky smile. 

Leo chuckles as someone comes to sit beside him. A gentle voice spoke out, “How is he, Leo?” April asked, looking down at Raphael who remained sound asleep in Leo’s lap. The leader in blue went to speak when a voice cut him off, “Probably hungry, it would be best if you woke him. Leo”. Donnie’s voice materialised with his body on the other side of April. Leo frowned slightly before shaking his mate’s shoulder slightly. Raph stubbornly remained asleep, prompting a laugh out of the brothers, April and Casey. 

“Damn! Leo! Good luck waking Raph! If you think he was bad at waking up before he was pregnant, You need all the luck now!” Casey joked, spinning a puck across his fingers effortlessly. Leo frowned down at Raph who remained still to the point it almost worried Leo but Raph’s fingers twitched slightly showing he was waking up. 

“PIZZA IS READY!” Mikey shouted alerting everyone still in the lair. The only one not to emerge into the living quarters was Dantzer, Donnie made a face wondering where the assassin had gone off to. “D! Catch!” Donnie turned just in time to catch a slice of pizza Casey had thrown at him, in hopes to catch him off guard. Donnie just smirked when Casey’s plan failed. Leo accepted a slice off April and ate it quickly while still trying to wake his sleeping mate who remained in the land of dreams even through all of the noise.