Chapter 1

While running along the rooftops, the turtles encounter a strange light. Heading towards it, they find Karai and the foot clan fighting off what looks like the Kraang. The turtles leap into action. Karai and the foot clan vanish, leaving the turtles to deal with the kraang. During the battle, they find themselves out numbered when one of the kraang droids speaks: “Kraang five lifeforms known as the turtles are here to take back their friends known as the mighty mutanimals, Casey and April O'Neil. What does Kraang do now?”. The turtles share looks. “Oi Kraang, if you haven’t noticed there are only four of us not five. Gee and people say I’m not smart!” Mikey exclaims. “Turtle is wrong, Kraang there are five. Kraang destroy the turtles” 

The turtles soon find themselves in the middle of a battle but the fifth lifeform is on all their minds especially the one who has inside knowledge. Leo and Raph work together taking down the kraang, Mikey defends Donnie while he helps get their friends out of the cages. Mikey jokes as usual as they fight the krang. One of the turtles began to get nauseous and it showed in his fighting. Hearing a groan, Leo turns around only to gasp as Raph keels over vomiting. “RAPH!” Leo’s scream alerts the others, Donnie finally manages to unlock the cages and now they have back-up. 

“Kraang message Kraang 2 and explain Kraang has been compromised” A sai soon finds it way into the Kraang’s head. Soon with all their effort the kraang are destroyed, the group make their way from the building while leaving a bomb to destroy the Kraang evidence. 

Once they are all safe on the rooftop. Leo addresses everyone in thanks. Raph is the only one not looking the leader's way, Slash notices, the giant turtle heads over to the red turtle who stands still as a statue with crossed arms and a bored expression. “Raphael, are you alright?”. The only response Slash receives is a nod to the head. The group is about to go their separate ways when a portal opens revealing more kraang and some of Shredder’s minions. 

“Capture the one known as Raphael, Kraang!” A kraang announces in between their battles. “Surround Raph!” Leo commanded, the red turtle was currently kneeling out of breath. April beside the turtle. “Donnie!” The purple turtle turns to see Raph vomiting again. Leo looks around in concern, noticing most kraang have been taken out, “Ninja smoke screen!” Leo cries out but not before a minion, Rahzar, leaves with the information of Kraang wanting Raphael.

The team gets back to the lair to see a concerned Splinter. Raph sprints past everyone and towards the bathroom vomiting. Leo follows out of instinct. The two shortly return just as Donatello finishes explaining to Splinter what has happened. 

“Raph, let's get you in the lab and find out what's wrong with you” Donatello suggests but he gasps when Raphael shakes his head leaning further into Leo who looks down in concern. Splinter moves forward feeling his son's forehead, Raph is red hot. “Raphael, explain now!” Splinter demands. The mighty mutanimals stand watching in concern for their fellow teammate. Raph stands straight staring at Splinter; he seemed to be the only turtle who went against Splinter. “No” the cold tone made Splinter gasp. “Raph, why does the Kraang want you?” Mikey asked, Raph shrugged, allowing Leo to pull him closer to his side. 

“Raphael! I will not ask again!” Splinter demands only to receive a glare in return. Leo frowns upon the fact that over the years Raph and Master Splinter didn’t have the best relationship, on some days there was nothing wrong while on others they were each other's enemy. Come to think of it, none of the turtles could remember a time Raph called Splinter ‘Father’, it was always Sensei or Splinter, never ‘Father’. Becoming uncomfortable Raph moved out from under Leo’s arm and stalked in the direction of his room, aware of the stares. Donatello knew something was wrong with his brother but he never expected Raphael to go to his bedroom rather than leave the lair. This was unusual for his brother.