Chapter 7

(Not my image - I borrowed it for visualisation purposes. Credit to the artist who made this fantastic picture. I think it's: AnonymousAvox)

The next morning…

Leo woke up to someone knocking on his door, he grumbled allowing the person in. He smiled when he saw the purple bandana of Donatello. “Here Leo, there are some clothes in there for you and Raph. Sensei says to get ready and then meet in the living quarters in twenty minutes”. Donnie said while fixing his jacket. “Thanks Donnie, you look good by the way”. Donatello smiled walking out and shutting the door silently. 

Never in his life did Leonardo think he would be wearing human clothes, he felt weird without his shell, almost vulnerable. He smirked at the contents of the clothes, could it be anymore cliche. He could guess the blue shirt was for him while the red hoodie seemed to be for Raph. Speaking of which, Leo looked towards his mate who remained asleep hugging the blankets. Pressing a kiss to Raph’s forehead, he ran his fingers through his mate's dark black locks. Before, he moved to get ready in the spare space in his room. Leo caught a look at himself in the mirror and smiled, he had brown hair, his eye colour remained a cobalt blue colour. 

A groan behind him snapped him out of his focus, turning around he saw his disgruntled mate sitting up with the blanket wrapped around his waist. “I was hoping it was a dream”. Hearing the sadness in his mates voice, Leo made his way over to Raphael before wrapping his arms around him. Leo rocked them back and forward. “Leo” Raph whined. Leo smirked tickling Raph’s sides, prompting pure laughter out of the turned turtle-human. “Feeling better?” Leo asked, earning himself a half-glare followed by a shrug. Sighing Leo knew it was the best he would get. Noticing the time, Leo helped Raph get ready. His mate groaned. Leo noticed the lack in breasts, Raph caught his look. “For some reason I have female parts but not breasts, my biological mother fucked me up…I miss being a turtle” Tears involutatily slipped down Raph’s face, the sadness made Leo’s breath catch in his throat. Leo nodded, helping Raph into the red hoodie and passing a red beanie over to Raph who adjusted it on his head. 

Raph’s tears took a while to settle down. The already over-emotional hothead was grumbling about being emotional and blaming Leo for it, which Leo didn’t mind as long as Raph was not sad, he didn’t care. “Raph?” Leo looked down at the red hooded human in his arms, emerald eyes met cobalt, “What?” Raph asked. “Where late” “Nothing new there”. Leo chuckled hearing his mate's sarcasm, “come on, the sooner we get this sorted. The sooner I can spend more time with you” Leo whispered, seductively into his mate's ear sending pleasant shivers down Raph’s spine. A smile etched its way onto Raph’s face, “Let’s not keep the rat waiting then”. Leo shook his head, not even going to correct his happy mate. Leo watched as Raph stepped out of the room waiting on Leo as nerves soon took over. Shaking his head, Leo grabbed Raph’s hand in his own before the two made their way into the main living area. 

Soon their presence was noticed and silence fell on the room. Raph wanted nothing but to sprint back to his room but Leo’s grip on his hip made him stay put. He looked around the room searching for someone and soon it landed on the said person. His father. Tigerclaw stood beside the arcade machine with Dantzer and Alopex, the silver haired man playing on the machine with Alopex watching. 

“Leonardo. Raphael. I’m glad you finally decided to join us” Splinter announced with a disapproving stare. “My apologies Father, it won’t happen again” Leo’s reply covered Raph’s mutter of, “Speak for yourself”. Leo squeezed Raph’s hip in warning but those close to Raph heard what he said. Donnie smiled from his seat beside Mikey and April. Splinter nodded, ignoring Raphael’s comment for now on. 

“Donatello, as you were saying” Splinter turned his head back to his purple bandana son. Leo smiled at Mikey and Donnies bandana’s, he soon found his and Raph’s in his hand from Splinter passing it over. Leo wrapped his around his eyes before passing Raph’s to him. The red hooded human looked at it before wrapping it around his wrist, he was to tired for this. Leo smiled at his mate, who ignored the shocked looks that he hadn’t put the bandana on. Raph made his way across the room to Tigerclaw who welcomed him into a hug, Raph lay his head on his father’s chest only half-listening to Donnie’s theory knowing Leo would repeat it later on.