Chapter 34: A Plan

Tanaka's POV

"What kind of information can you provide?" Nighteye asked with a questioning gaze.

"A-about Eri. A-and Kai... I mean, Chisaki," I stated, avoiding the gaze of my mentor, teacher, and classmates.

"Well, go on then. Share this information," Rock Lock stated with an obvious tone of apathy.

'He probably doesn't think I have anything of value,' I thought to myself as I stated, "Well... as I said, Eri is not Chisaki's daughter... she's the granddaughter of the old boss."

"And what base do you have for these claims?" a hero asked.

I gulped, "Because I was there..."

The heroes of the room muttered with each other before Nighteye raised a hand for silence. "Continue. Why were you there?"

"Do you know Yuki and Kaaru Tanaka...?" I asked.

Nighteye nodded, "They're mid-ranking members of the Hassaikai, why?"

"They're my parents..." I stated.

Murmurs sounded across the room. "I see. And how do you know Eri?" Nighteye asked.

"Chisaki would usually, after training, have me visit her room. He'd have me play with her and take care of her. It was an effort to keep her calm and from running away," I stated, my eyes to the ground.

"And how long ago was this?" Nighteye asked.

"Three years ago," I answered.

"Why did you stop seeing her?" Nighteye asked.

"Chisaki learned that I could reincarnate with my quirk. He wanted to experiment on me, but the old boss found out and forbade him from being near me for my safety. So my family moved out of the main base and I haven't seen anyone of the Hassaikai since... with one exception..." I admitted.

"And what is that exception?" Aizawa asked.

"When we were at the mall, Chisaki's right hand man, Kurono, tried to kidnap me," I stated.

"Wait, that's who that was?" Kirishima exclaimed.

I nodded. "Why didn't you tell police? Reports say that you told them that you didn't recognize the man," Aizawa asked.

"Chisaki has a bad temper... I've been on the receiving end of it enough times to count. If me reporting Kurono got him arrested, Chisaki would send members of the Hassaikai to hurt me, my uncle, and my friends. I couldn't risk that," I admitted.

The room's atmosphere grew grim. "Thank you for the information. If we have more questions, we will ask," Nighteye stated before Rock Lock criticized Midoriya and Mirio for not taking Eri upon meeting her.

"We'll get her away from him next time, and we'll protect her!" they exclaimed as I nodded.

The adults then ushered us out of the room so they could begin planning. Us students sat down at a small table outside the meeting room in silence, and I could tell that many eyes were on me. "Tanaka..." Uraraka started.

"I'm sorry I haven't told you before..." I said quietly.

"It's probably a touchy subject to talk about," Kirishima reassured.

"I figured that he might've been the man you were talking about... because when I reached out to help Eri, she flinched the way you did at the Sports Festival," Midoriya admitted.

I nodded. I looked up and saw that Midoriya and Mirio were especially upset. "Midoriya... are you ok?" I asked.

Midoriya shook his head. "I let her go. I let her go back to him..." he muttered.