Chapter 26: Recovery

Tanaka's POV

Hungry, cruel, sadistic, glowing turquoise eyes. That's all I could see. They followed me around every corner, saw my every movement, bore straight into my soul.

"Come back to me, doll," I heard that deep, horrid voice say.

I tried walking away, but then big, rough hands grabbed onto my shoulders. "I don't wanna go back! Katsuki! Help me! Please! Someone!" I screamed.

"Fuka..."

"Fuka!"

"FUKA!" 

My eyes shot open and I instantly tried getting up, only to feel hands on my shoulders. "No! Let go of me!" I cried, slamming my eyes shut.

"Fuka, it's ok! It's me!" a familiar voice called out, but their words went right through one ear and out the other as my heart rate continued to rise.

Suddenly, rough, calloused hands gripped my face and pulled me closer to them. "NO! Don't touch me!" I screamed.

But, instead of the familiar, pungent scent of rotting flesh that I had grown familiar to, the scent that met my nostrils was the soft scent of burnt sugar. My mind instantly was brought back to when Katsuki and I were sleeping beside each other in the cell. I hesitantly opened my eyes and instead of being met with a cruel, sadistic turquoise, I was met with a soft, concerned crimson.

"K-Katsuki?" I asked, my voice still hoarse from the screaming constantly for the past few days.

He let out a sigh of relief. "Yeah, it's me dumbass. Don't scare me like that."

I looked around and someone else was in the room. "A-Aizawa?"

My teacher nodded and said, "The police requested that I watch over the two of you while you're here."

I lowered my head in shame, turning away. "I-I'm sorry about my outburst... I had a nightmare t-that... that Dabi..." my voice caught in my throat.

Aizawa stared at me with sadness and regret before he stood and bowed deeply, "Please forgive me. As your teacher, I was in charge of protecting you that night. You two were kidnapped because of my negligence. And because of that... you have faced horrors that no one should ever face, especially at your age. I am sorry."

"A-Aizawa... please d-don't do that. It's ok," I waved my hands, feeling incredibly guilty.

Katsuki huffed, staying silent. Aizawa straightened back up and nodded, "Ok, well I'll leave you two alone. If you need anything, I'll be right outside the door."

Aizawa walked out of the room, leaving us alone. We sat in their familiar comfortable silence before I asked, "Have you seen your parents yet?"

He shook his head, "They're on their way now. We're a little far from home, so it'll take them a bit to get here."

I nodded and looked down, "I think Keigo was assigned a mission while we were gone, so I don't think I'll be able to see him for a while."

Katsuki hummed, leaving us in that comfortable silence once more. Then, that silence was broken by the sound of a ringing phone. I flinched at first, but then I recognized the ringtone. I looked around and saw the bag I had brought to camp was sitting on a chair in the corner of the room. Bakugo 'tsked' before he got up and grabbed my phone from my bag. "It's Midoriya..." I muttered before I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Tanaka! You're awake!" 

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked.