Chapter 17: Train Buddies

Tanaka's POV

After the Hero Killer incident, Miruko only trained me at her house and didn't let me go on patrol with her. This was for three reasons: 

1. She didn't want me getting hurt again. 

2. My hero costume apparently was incinerated when I burst into flames

3. Keigo threatened to fuck her shit up if I were to end up in the hospital again.

Though, she did teach me a lot of martial arts during the rest of the week. But, before I knew it, the week was over and it was time to go home. "One last fight, go all out," Miruko said excitedly.

I nodded and we got into position. She charged at me and I sidestepped, reeling my arm back to hit her. I punched her with all my might and she flinched, taking a step back. She then smirked and swung her leg up for her trademark kick, but I was ready. As soon as her leg was in front of her, I grabbed and twisted it before putting pressure on her back and forcing her down. I pinned her down, but she then looked up at me and smirked, using her legs to knock me off balance, pulling herself up and pinning me to the ground. After a moment of struggling, I gave up. She smiled and helped me up. "You were amazing, Phoenix!" Miruko exclaimed.

I blushed, "I lost again..."

"Are you kidding? You almost took me out! Your progress was fantastic!" Miruko said.

I smiled, "Thanks, but it was all thanks to you."

Miruko smiled wide and said, "Of course it was! I should do more internships! Anyway, if you ever need anything, you know where to find me."

I smiled and gave her a big hug. "That confidence is also so much better!" she exclaimed, "Now get going or you'll miss your train."

I nodded and got going. I boarded the train and sighed. 'If only my phone wasn't also in my damn costume... now I need to get a new one,' I thought to myself as I sat sideways, allowing my wings to spread out slightly.

Right before the doors closed, a deep, husky voice asked, "Excuse me, is this seat taken?" 

I looked up to see a man with dark purple scars that were held to his face with some sort of staples, his eyes a bright sapphire, and he was wearing a hood with spiky, pitch black hair sticking out of it. I shook my head and gestured for him to take the seat. 

He sat down and made himself comfortable, taking his hood off and I looked at how his spiky, pitch black hair was pure white at the root. "So, your hair dyed?" I asked.

He glanced at me for a moment before nodding. "You need a touch up, your roots are showing," I pointed out.

He glanced at me again, his brilliantly blue eyes lingering on me for a few moments before he chuckled. "So, what is a kid like you doing on the train by yourself?" he asked.

I gulped and said, "Not to be rude, but I don't think that's really your business. I mean, I'm a teenage girl all alone, far from home, and you're some guy that I don't know."

He chuckled again, "You got a point there, blondie, now the real question is, are your hair and wings dyed to make you look like Hawks, or are you actually related to the guy?"

"Believe it or not, he's my uncle," I remarked, figuring that the information wasn't that important and that it might serve as an intimidation factor.

"So you are actually Fuka Tanaka, the UA student who came in second place in the Sports Festival?" he asked, shocking me for a moment before I remembered the fact that the festival aired across the world.

I nodded, "You're pretty far from UA, so I'm guessing you're out here because you were interning somewhere?"

'Jeez he's observant,' I thought to myself before chuckling, "Yeah, I was working with Miruko."

"What, you didn't want to work with your dear uncle?" he asked sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes, "I train with him enough with him as it is."

"He must be a lot to handle," he remarked.

I nodded, laughing. "So what is your name?" I asked.

He looked at me for a moment before he said, "You're talkative for someone who was originally suspecting me of being a kidnapper."

I shrugged and looked out the window, the heat radiating through the window making me sleepy. "Dabi."

I looked back at the man, "My name is Dabi," he said.

"Nice to meet you, Dabi," I replied with a soft smile. 

I looked back out the window and rested my elbow on the back of the seat, resting my chin on my hand. My eyes grew droopy as I slowly drifted off into a nap.

Third Person POV

Dabi watched as the blonde girl drifted off into a nap. He chuckled to himself, observing her features. 'She really does look like Keigo...' he thought to himself, thinking about their time growing up together. He looked out the window for a moment before he noticed his reflection. 'I really do need a touch up... you can see a lot of white,' he thought to himself.

______________________________

A/n: Hey, sorry this one is pretty short, I just felt like ending off the internships with a small couple of things that wouldn't really fit into the next chapter where we start preparing for the finalsssss. Anyway, have a good day!