Chapter 8: Spilling Secrets...

Tanaka's POV

"Are you sure you want me to use your quirk on you?" he asked.

"Ye-" I reply, but then instantly my body felt light and like I was pushed to the back of my consciousness.

"Walk to the other side of the yard," Shinso instructed.

Instantly, I started walking not of my own volition. He released his hold of me and I smiled, "That was so weird!" 

He chuckled, "Yeah, so I've heard."

"Can you try to do something else? Like make me talk or do a very specific task?" I ask.

He nods and once I'm under his control again, "What is your name?" he asks, but I don't speak. He furrows his brows in confusion and releases me.

I hum, thinking, but then I get an idea. "Wait! You didn't tell me to answer you!" I exclaim.

He nods and once I'm under his control again, he states, "Answer my questions honestly. What is your name?"

"Fuka Tanaka," I answer.

Shinso smiles, happy that it worked, but then he decides to keep going to test the limits of his quirk. "Where are you from?" he asks.

"Kamino," I answer.

"Why don't you live there anymore?" he asks.

Inside my head, I went cold. 'Don't answer that...' I think to myself, however I mindlessly answer, "My parents kicked me out for wanting to be a hero."

His eyes widened slightly, but he keeps going, probably from curiosity. "Why? What parents wouldn't want their kid to be a hero?"

'Stop...' I plea, but it doesn't stop. "My parents are members of the yakusa," I answer.

He was stunned in silence. 'I-I haven't even told Keigo that...' I thought to myself. "They didn't hurt you... did they?" he asked.

'Stop it!' I screamed, but it didn't stop. "They did," I confessed.

He was silent for a moment, and when he finally let the control go, tears instantly flooded my vision. I looked at him with betrayal in my eyes and whispered, "Get out."

"T-Tanaka I didn't mean-" he started, but I lost it.

"Get out! Who the fuck do you think you are for asking me those kind of personal questions!? Why the fuck did you keep digging after that first personal answer?!" I snapped, so furious that my wings lit on fire.

He flinched. "Did you not hear me?! Get the fuck out!" I screamed, tears rolling down my face.

He hesitantly takes a step back before running inside and out the front door. I sat there for a moment, processing what had just happened. 'I was just forced to confess something about my parents and past that I've never told anyone and broke up with my first ever friend...' A sob gets stuck in my throat as I fall to the ground. I cry there for a few moments, some of the abuse that my parents put me through in the name of their fucking yakusa and boss flashing before my eyes. I look around and all I can think about is what he made me say, and anger courses through my veins. I stand up and shoot into the evening sky, needing to get far away. I fly for about an hour, tears running down my cheeks, before I have a flashback to one of the times they used me as a training dummy for the damned boss's kid.

"Fuka, this is Kai. You're going to help him train his quirk," the boss introduced.

Kai was a boy about 15 with dark brown hair and golden eyes. I step forward and he reaches his hand out, touching my arm. My arm instantly was torn apart atom by atom. I screamed and passed out, my seven year-old body unable to take the pain. When I woke up, the pain was gone and my arm was back. I had almost convinced myself that it was a bad dream, but the pool of blood around me proved otherwise.