Chapter 23: Calamity

Tanaka's POV

As Aizawa pulled the five remedial course students away, excitement energized me. "A test of courage!" I exclaimed.

They had us draw lots for partners, and I drew an eight. I looked around and saw Midoriya with the same number. "Hey Midoriya! Looks like we're partners," I said happily, walking over to him. 

He smiled and we got in line to enter the forest. As we were preparing to enter the forest, a strange pink smoke began seeping from the trees. Then, we watched as Pixiebob was pulled into the forest. "Pixiebob!" we all exclaimed.

A large person with a pillar was smashing her head in as my mind went to the classmates in the forest. I turned to Midoriya as he muttered, "Kota..."

"Midoriya, you go get him, I'll retrieve our classmates. Ok?" I said.

He nodded and we bolted into the forest. He went toward the mountain as I flew toward the growing blue flames that were engulfing the forest. "Yaoyorozu!" I called out, encountering her as she and another student put gas masks on Hagakure and Jirou, who were unconscious.

"Tanaka! Take a gas mask!" Yaoyorozu called out.

I took one and put it on, releasing a few feathers and carrying Jirou and Hagakure toward camp. "You guys should head back, we're under attack!" I instructed before flying off to find more of my classmates. 

I flew closer to the flames only to hear voices. One of the voices was vaguely familiar, but I couldn't quite place it. I perched in a tree to see two figures walking my way. One was wearing a full black and gray bodysuit while the other I recognized to be the man I was sitting next to on the train ride back from my internship. Then, Mandalay's voice appeared in my head, "In the name of the pro hero, Eraserhead, you have been given permission to defend yourself with your quirks! Also, we have learned two of the villain's targets. Tanaka and Kacchan, wherever you are, get to safety!"

'Why are Bakugo and I targets?' I thought to myself, growling as I watched a familiar face peek out of the bushes behind them. 'Aoyama, what are you doing, idiot!? Hide! Get out of here!' I thought to myself as a twig snapped, causing Dabi to turn around and look at Aoyama. "No!" I yelled, flying down to distract the men.

I pulled a feather-sword and slashed at the masked villain before looking up to see that Dabi had his eyes on me now, giving Aoyama the chance to escape. "Oh, it's the pretty bird from the train," Dabi remarked, walking toward me menacingly.

I tensed up, keeping my feather-sword pointed at the masked villain, fearing that he would get up. "So you're a villain..." I muttered.

He chuckled and said, "Sorry doll, but I have orders to follow."

I quirked a brow for a moment before Dabi shot blue flames at me. I dodged the stream of flames to shoot numerous feathers at him. I landed on the ground in front of him, backing up slightly as I planned my escape. However, I realized that I forgot something, or rather, someone.

I turned around to see a gloved hand reaching out to me, and in that moment, everything went dark.

.

.

.

I looked around and saw that I was trapped in a spherical, bright blue prison. If I looked hard enough, I could look beyond the wall, outside. Everything looked massive, and I pounded on the wall. My eyes met Dabi's as he held my prison. "Good thinking, Twice. Making a Mr. Compress double really made this easier," Dabi remarked as he stuck the marble in his pocket.

"Let's get going, the real Compress reported that he got the other target. Let's stay here!" the masked villain, who I assume was Twice, said.

I sat in silence before I could hear a loud sound outside of my prison. "Give Kacchan and Tokoyami back!" Midoriya shouted.