Chapter 12: The Sports Festival Pt. 3

Tanaka's POV

I walked up to the battlefield, watching as a girl with green, vine-like hair walk up the other side. The battle starts and I release flaming feathers at her. She uses her hair to create a shield, but my feathers burn right through it. My feathers then hook onto her clothing and pull her out of the arena, winning me the match. 

As I'm walking back up to the seating area, I turn a corner only to be tackled in a hug. "Fuka! I mean, I knew you'd do good, but GODDAMN you're kicking ass out there! I'm so proud of you!!!" Keigo shouted.

I chuckled, "Thanks Kei."

"Anyway, you should probably get going. I love you, Fuka!" Kei exclaimed, walking away.

"I love you too, Kei!" I replied before walking back up to the seating area.

I watched the next few battles, watching Todoroki absolutely overdoing his attack due to anger and Bakugo beating the shit out of Uraraka as she put up a very good fight. Then, it was time for Todoroki to fight Midoriya. Midoriya mutilated his hands at the beginning in an attempt to block Todoroki's attacks. They started yelling at each other, but they were too far away for me to understand what they were saying. Until, eventually, I heard Midoriya shout, "IT'S YOURS! YOUR QUIRK, NOT HIS!!!"

Midoriya punched Todoroki in the gut as he was motionless, almost as if in a flashback. Midoriya continues to talk, until eventually, Todoroki erupted in flames. Endeavor began shouting, acting as though Todoroki wasn't acting of his own accord. 'I really hate that guy...' I thought to myself as I watched Todoroki and Midoriya attack all out, absolutely demolishing the arena. Midoriya was knocked out of bounds and as the smoke cleared, the only thing left in the arena was Todoroki, standing with half his shirt burnt off. 

I blushed slightly before shaking my head, realizing that my battle was next. I stood up and made my way through the hallways. Once Cementoss rebuilt the arena, it was my turn to fight Iida. The battle began and Iida immediately raced toward me with his new Recipro Burst, but I was faster. I shot up into the air just in time to avoid him and flew up just out of his reach. I sent hardened, flaming feathers at him in some kind of bullet hell. He narrowly dodged most of them, but some pierced his skin. Iida hissed in pain and jumped up, trying to attack me, but I dodged narrowly and grabbed his leg, spinning him midair to gain momentum before throwing him out of bounds. I landed as applause filled the stadium, all cheering for me. 'This is so weird...' I thought to myself before walking off. 

I went back through the arena and and decided to visit Midoriya. I approached the infirmary and watched as Recovery Girl opened the door. "Hey, is Midoriya in there?" I asked.

She nodded and said, "I just finished up his surgery, so you're welcome to visit him if you'd like."

I nodded and walked into the room, seeing Midoriya laying on a hospital bed. I sighed and sat beside him, looking at his peaceful sleeping face. 'He does so much harm to his body to win...' I thought to myself, "You don't deserve to be in so much pain... You're so kind and considerate... you literally blew your chance at winning this thing just to help out Todoroki..."

He lay still, the anesthesia obviously still affecting him. I observe his soft, kind features for a moment. His hair wasn't just a perfect forest green, it also had hints of black within it. His cheeks were obviously covered in freckles, but he also had a soft dusting of them also on the bridge of his nose. 'He's adorable...' I thought to myself before I smiled and said, "Hopefully you aren't in much pain when you wake up, that would suck. Anyway, I gotta get going to prepare for my fight against Todoroki. See you later."

I left the room and walked to one of the waiting rooms to mentally prepare myself and come up with a strategy for my battle with Todoroki. I sat down at the table and started thinking of ways I could beat him when my door burst open. I looked up and saw Bakugo at my door. "What the hell are you doing in here?!" he asked.

"This is my waiting room," I say, confused.

"What do you mean this is- WAIT THIS IS WAITING ROOM 3?!" he exclaimed, causing me to chuckle, "What's so funny, bird brain!?"

I smile slightly, "Nothing, I just think it's funny that you somehow managed to mix it up."

He scoffed and looked down at me for a moment, "So, how are you gonna beat that Icy Hot bastard?"

I was taken aback, not expecting him to care about knowing my strategy. "Well, I think I'm gonna try to take him out with my speed and feathers like I did with Shiozaki in the first round," I explained.

Bakugo scoffed, "Sounds like a dumb plan. What do you plan to do when it fails?"

"I-I dunno... maybe use one of my feathers as a sword and take him in close combat. He tends to rely on his quirk to keep people at a distance when fighting, so I'm guessing he isn't good at close combat," I say, not that confident.

Bakugo chuckled, "Now that's a winning plan. You better beat that Icy Hot bastard, I wanna fight you in the final round to show who's tougher between the two of us."

Before I even got the chance to respond, he walked out of my room and left me alone. 'Why does he care so much...?' I think to myself before getting up to go to my fight.

"Alright it's time for the first match up of the semi-finals and it's a battle of the prodigies! First, we have the fiery angel of Class 1-A, Fuka Tanaka! Versus the boy who blew up the stadium in the last round, also from Class 1-A, it's Shoto Todoroki!" Present Mic announced.

The second our battle began, Todoroki shot ice at me, the same way he did in his battle with Midoriya. I swiftly dodged by flying straight up and charged at him, releasing many feathers as a bullet curtain. He runs to the side, dodging my attack, but I close the distance by running in with a flaming feather-sword. I swing it at him and he gets hit, but the impact doesn't affect him as much as it was on his fire-resistant left side. He swings an icy punch at me, but I quickly dodge and attempt to grab him, but he then grabs my arm and pulls me to the side, throwing me across the arena. I move my feathers at him in a bullet-hell fashion, catching onto his clothes and allowing me to pull him out of bounds.

Next... Me vs. Bakugo.

We walk up to the arena, nerves shooting through my body. I take a deep breath and get into a fighting stance. "TIME FOR OUR FINAL ROUND!!! Our first contender, the boy with the explosive personality and rage, it's Katsuki Bakugo from the hero course! VERSUS! The fiery girl with angelic grace, it's Fuka Tanaka, also from the hero course!!! READY?! START!!!"

Bakugo wasted no time in catapulting himself toward me. I harden most of my feathers and shoot them at him, lighting them ablaze midair. He shoots a powerful explosion at them, like the one he used in the battle against Uraraka, and it was so powerful that it obliterated my feathers. I cried out as pain shot through my wings, but charged forward nonetheless. I reeled my arm back to hit him, but he countered with a powerful kick to my head. I was launched back several meters, but got back up and released a massive feather, holding it like a flaming sword. He smirked an evil smirk and charged at me, causing me to lift my feather as a counter. He grabbed the sword, simultaneously cutting and burning the shit out of his hands, but he didn't let go. He released an explosion point blank, causing my feather to practically disintegrate. I cried out in pain and was about to fire more feathers when I saw his open hand nearing my face.

...I froze.

'It's time for a reset...'

Fear shot through my body and I was unable to move as those words echoed through my skull. Next thing I knew, a bright light shone and pain erupted across my face.

And just like that, I was out.