I'll Wait

Chapter 32: I'll Wait

The ocean is peaceful he thinks as he stands in front of it, watching the slow rhythmic waves. He sighs in and close his eyes to feel the air. It feels nostalgic. He remembered how he used to play with his brother on the beach. Every memory that he had saved about the ocean just come back in.

He can hear Trouble's bark. Trouble barks sound tiredly. He is also getting old like Stefan. He can also hear giggling. Giggling of a five year old. His five year old.

He turns back to see his five year old playing with Trouble. He smiles. "Daddy" she calls. Stefan bends down and open his arms. She runs into his arm as he picks her up. He kiss her cheeks. "Hey, baby girl. Are you enjoying yourself?" He asks. The little girl has wrapped her tiny little hands around Stefan's neck. "Yes, Daddy. I love the beach and playing with Trouble. Though he's getting old." She tells him. Stefan widely looks at her giving her an aww expression. "Ah! That happened. Should we replace him?" He asks tilting his head.

Anna giggles. "No, Daddy. Just because he's getting old that doesn't mean we have to replace him. He is not a toy" she says. Stefan nods and kisses her cheek. "Yes, baby. Trouble is your best old friend. He'll always be here for you" he tells her. The little girl tilts her head. "Even when you wouldn't me home with me and mamma?" She asks. Stefan gives her an approval mouth "Yes. Even when I wouldn't be home with you and mamma" he sounds upsetting. "Sad, Daddy?" She asks wiping off his salty cheeks. Stefan laughs. "No, boo boo. I'm not sad. I'm just happy to be here with you. I don't get to see you much" he says. Anna let her head rest against Stefan's shoulder. "I wish you could stay with me and mamma, Daddy. Like a family. My friends live with their mom and dad." Anna says sadly. Stefan sighs. "I wish that too babygirl."

XXXXXXXXXX

"Yes, thank you. I was hoping to have an appointment with him soon. The deal is too important to happen, Mr. Pattinson. And I was...." She stops after seeing him sitting on the bench. He rub his thighs preparing to get up. "I'll call you back" she says hanging up her phone. She's wearing a black leather jacket, blue shirt underneath. Black jeans and minimum high heels as she walks toward Stefan leaving him breathless already.

"Stefan, what a surprise!" She says. Stefan smiles. "I was just dropping Anna." He tells. Elena lick her lips, couldn't help but grin "Did she have fun today?" She asks wrapping her arms. Stefan nods. "Yeah, she just fell asleep. I'm just heading to home" he says awkwardly. Elena roll her lips while bobbing her head. "Umm... Okay" she says, don't know what to say to her ex boyfriend and her baby's daddy more than that.

The environment is awkward. His regular trouser and the grey t shirt that he's wearing doesn't go unnoticed by Elena. Even though he's 51, he looks 30. He still has those perfect abs, wavy like mountain biceps and of course the hero hair. She can she them all. How could she miss! The way she's acting as if she hadn't seen him in ages but the truth is she just saw last week playing with their daughter. Stefan can see Elena eating him out. He smiles on his mind. She still have the same effect on him.

As Stefan's ready to leave her home she turns back "Actually would you mind to have a cup of coffee with me?" She asks. Stefan clicks his tongue. "No, actually. It'd be nice" he says.

XXXXXXXX

"Here" she hands him the coffee. Stefan smiles. She sits on his right side. "So... What did you do with Anna today?" She asks trying to make a conversation with him. "She enjoyed the beach day. I brought Trouble with me. She played with him" he says. Elena's face lights up "Really? How's he? Where's he?" She asks searching around for him.

"Oh, I send him home. He's getting old, like me" he jokes causing Elena roll her eyes. Then they go back to the awkward mood again. The night Elena left his house she found out she was pregnant with Stefan's baby. She didn't know what to do. Her life was complicated and the Tucker incident caused her more pain. She immediately called her family and they gave her full support and told her to talk to Stefan.

Stefan was already busy inspecting the whole thing. Then he found out Rebekah actually brought Tucker to destroy his relationship with Elena. Stefan broke things off with Rebekah and warned her not to dare to contact with him again. Klaus was ashamed of his younger sister's conspiracy but Stefan assured him it wasn't his fault.

One week later, Elena finally decided to tell Stefan. He was shocked at first. Elena was scared as hell. But Stefan was crying that he was finally going to be a father. He told Elena to move in with him but Elena somehow couldn't adjust with him.

Stefan didn't want to be in her way, he gave her space as much as she needed. He gave her space when she was pregnant. He gave her space when Anna was born. Now, Anna is five years old and still he's giving her, her space.

PS: Klaus and Caroline got married when Elena was seven months pregnant. But even the with a huge bump she's the prettiest woman Stefan had ever seen.

"I should just go home. Thanks for the coffee" he tells her getting up from the couch. Elena gets up to and nods. Elena picks of the mugs when Stefan starts leaving but he turns back, "You know, the little girl that we've, she misses me. She wants us to be a family. She wants all of us to live together." He says causing Elena to stop whatever she's doing.

He comes walking to her "You know I've never forced you to do the things you don't want to do. I've given you the space you've asked me for since the night and still... But maybe one day when it'll be too late for you to realize you've missed the biggest opportunity in your life to build a family. You've a career, you build yourself. You're a successful woman. You're talented, pretty, smart and giving me hard to beat my company down." He scoffs smiling "But one thing you're missing out is me. Just like that night you left me. I've told you that house is open for you. And I'm still waiting for you to come home to me." He says as Elena freezes while listening to him.

After getting zero response from Elena, Stefan chooses to leave "I've tried" she tells. He turns back. "I've tired like billion times to come home to you but something inside me is keeping me apart from you. From our daughter. Everytime we get together, something bad happens. I can't risk it with Anna. I've never stopped loving you. I'll never love someone the way I love you. I'm still in love with you and it hurts me. It hurts me like hell. I wake up, I think of you. I look at our daughter, I think of you. I see a couple walking on the street, I think of you. Wherever I go, I see you. You're like a disease. You're inside me. You're in me and you don't want to get out of me." She says letting her tears finally drop out of her eyes.

"Then what's the problem? What's so hard for you to come back to me? To come home to me?" He asks throwing his hands in the air.

"I don't know. I'm sorry. But I don't know." She tells him brushing her arm as her eyes fall down.

He shakes his head on his left and right. It's better for him to leave now. They don't want to leave everything in a hard place.

She notices he's thinking something. They're like six feets away. She wipe her tears, pressing her eyebrows. "Actually I'm not sorry" he tells as he take big steps getting closer to Elena.

"What do you mean?" She asks in confuse but Stefan don't give Elena an answer because his chill hot lips are already against Elena's cold lips. He has wrapped his hands on her hip and waist, pulling her to him. Elena already starts moaning into his mouth. Her hand flies automatically around Stefan's neck. Her hand slides from his neck to chest. She can feel his warm heart beating for her loudly.

After a few minutes when they remember they need air to breathe, they let go off each other lips. But their foreheads are pressed together.

"Come home to me." She looks at him without breaking their foreheads contact.

"Just remember to come home to me."

Thanks for reading.

Actually I think it's better for this story to end like this. I don't have ideas to make this story bigger. Not every love story has to have the good ending.