The News

Chapter 2: The News

"I loved you Katherine. I chose to be with you since the day I saw you." Stefan said taking a sip of his whiskey.

Katherine found him near their liquor hall. He had his back turned and losusly laid on the countertop.

"What's gotten you?" Katherine said not really bothering. It was just a casual question to ask him. Stefan scoffed. He turned the stool that he was sitting on at her.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about" Stefan laughed hysterically. He was loathing in pain. He was so drunk like he was drinking since the morning.

Katherine sighed "Look, I'm tired and I can't deal with your drama now." Katherine said fixing her watch.

As she started walking to the stairs. "How could you kill our child?" Stefan finally said. Katherine hitched hearing his words. Her throat went dry.

How did he know she asked herself. She turned back with her guilty eyes. Stefan head was leaned on his left arm, his left arm splayed on the countertop.

"There" he pointed out "Your reports. I found it on the upper drawer. You didn't kill one but two of our children" Stefan said so innocently but he found no guilt on her face. Her face was faceless. It was just straight no emotion, no pain, no worry, absolutely nothing. He would say she had a hard face.

She crossed her arms. "We'll talk about it when you'll come back to your sense" she said pivoting her way to go in the room.

XXXXXXXXXXX

"Oh, my God! Have you seen the way he looked at you?" Caroline says clapping her hands in excitement. Elena is not interested to pay any attention to her. She couldn't get a chance to ask a single question to Stefan arrogant Salvatore and now she has to face Bonnie. Bonnie is going to make her work life miserable.

"Elena" Caroline shakes her arms. Elena graons. "Caroline, shut up. I don't know how to save my job now that I failed to get any information from Stefan arrogant Salvatore but here you can't just stop talking about that ass" Elena says fixing her hair looking away from Caroline.

"Oh! Come on. We'll come up with a story" Caroline says hugging Elena's arms. Elena smiles rolling her eyes.

"Even the ex of his paid you attention" Caroline tells Elena. Elena shakes her head. Of course she did. She gave Elena a shoulder bump because she caught Elena rolling her eyes.

"Then those green eyes fall on you" Caroline whistles. Elena rolls her eyes. "Caroline, shhh!! He's a wife beater and arrogant no wonder why she divorced him. Men like him deserve it and now he has to pay his ex wife half of his property" Elena says proudly, crossing her arms leaning comfortably in the car.

"But you made him stop. He was totally speechless when that cute little mouth called him an asshole" Caroline says dancing her eyebrows. Elena rolls her head. "I said it really loud, didn't I?" Elena gives a stern look at Caroline.

"He's hot though" Caroline tells Elena. Elena lets out a disgust growl. "He's like 60 year old. Literally Ric's age. How could you find someone so old attractive?" Elena asks Caroline in disbelief, shrugging her shoulder.

"A. He's not 60. B. Because he's a sugar daddy and C. I'll tell Jenna you called Ric an old man" Caroline says opening a magazine. Elena points her index finger. "You wouldn't" Caroline just seems not to pay her attention.

XXXXXXXXXX

"You ready for this?" Caroline takes a deep breath and nods. They now have to face Bonnie dragon Bennett. She is already turns into a volcano, Caroline just knows it. As they step into their office, they notice every eyes are on them.

Caroline pssts Elena "Why are they looking at us like that?" Elena gives everyone a judgy look. It's weird. Half of the workers refuse to talk to them but now the way they are looking as if they're seeing Angelina Jolie with Jennifer Aniston.

"Something's wrong" Caroline whispers to Elena. They catch Bonnie who's walking toward them. "Well, I thought you two are useless but you did pretty good job" Bonnie says pointing at Elena. Elena puts her index finger against her chest pointing at herself. "Me?"

"Yeah, well congrats! You made news. You're everywhere" she says showing Elena her phone.

Breaking News: from TV 9 a brave reporter insults Stefan Salvatore when he was leaving the court

"Oh My God" Elena says in disbelief. It's really her in the news. This is slowmo video of Stefan giving a glare at Elena. It's so clear and visible.

Caroline shakes Elena when she finds Elena stands frozen. Elena gets her sense back. She's really on the news. For the first time in a long time something good really happened to her. She has a gleeful smile on her face.

To Be Continued.

Please vote and review.