Threat

Chapter 28: Threat

Stefan wakes up with a loss of someone's presence. His Elena. He peaks an eye to look at the side of the bed where Elena basically sleeps bedside him. It's empty. He lazily gets up a little only to see Elena in his shirt drying out her hair infront of the mirror.

Stefan chuckles. "Why are you up so early?" He asks with his groggy voice. Elena glances at him and smiles. "Because it's already 8:30 am, sweetie" she says focusing on her hair.

Stefan rubs his eyes and takes his phone. Fuck! He curses. "I've an important meeting at 9:00am" he says. Elena smiles. "And you're late" she says.

Stefan gets up in a sitting position. "Why didn't you wake me up?" Stefan says still processing from the sudden morning shock. Elena roll her eyes. "I've been trying to waking you up but you only let out silent groans and moans" she says playfully.

Stefan chuckles as he gets up finally. Elena looks at him through the mirror, smiling. He wrap his hands from behind holding her close. 'Moans, huh?" He says kissing Elena's earlobe.

"Yep" she breaths out. Stefan rubs his hand on Elena's stomach bunching his shirt up. "Is that my shirt you're wearing?" Stefan asks. Elena leans into Stefan's chest, sighing.

"Yap" she says pouting. Stefan growls. "Who gave you the permission to wear my shirt?" He asks lifting his shirt up on her, exposing her delicate bellybutton. He fingers around it. Elena moans. "Why don't you take it back?" Her raspy voice makes Stefan hard.

"Hmmmm" he says unbuttoning her shirt slowly and brushing his fingertips on her exposed delicate skin.

Elena thrusts her head into the crook of his neck more and more as she fully exposed from the front. Stefan captures Elena's lip. Elena has her head up against his neck and Stefan puts his head down to kiss her more.

She has no bra on. Stefan gently removes more of his shirt exposing her chest. He grab her breasts and massages them so gently. She hums into his mouth. When they're out of their breaths, Elena's lips against his lips "Aren't you getting late now?" She asks playfully. "Well, I'm already late so let's be later" he says picking her up and throwing her on the bed. He hovers over her as he starts licking and kissing Elena's chest. Elena giggles, runs her hand on his hair. He's playful this morning. Elena always loves and appreciates his playfulness.

Stefan starts kissing Elena's neck, covering her with his body, her hands pinned over her head.

"Stefan? I've been cal.. ow.." they both hear her. Stefan peeks an eye to see Rebekah standing on the door holding the doorknob and looking at them with a mouth where her words get stuck. Rebekah hasn't got to see who is underneath him.

Stefan pushes Elena off on the floor. "Awwohhh" Elena yelps in pain. "I'm... I'm... Sorry. Uh, I'll meet you at office" Rebekah says covering her eyes as she locks the door. Rebekah thinks he's with a call girl because she doesn't know he has a girlfriend. Stefan hasn't told her yet. Stefan breathes out then looks on the floor. A pain face Elena is staring back at him.

"I'm so sorry" Stefan says getting up and bends down to help her up. "Really? Pushing me on the floor is the best you could?" Elena says yelping as she gets up. He really made her hurt.

"I'm so sorry. She just happened to come. I didn't know" Stefan says. That was really awkward. They were having an alone moment and then his best friend showed up out of nowhere.

"Doesn't she know how to knock?" Elena says fixing her shirt. Stefan stays in silent. It's Rebekah. His best friend. A best friend does this kinda stuffs. Elena examines Stefan. "Or maybe she has no idea you've got a god damn girlfriend" Elena says blankly. Stefan licks his lip. "Unbelievable" Elena says scoffing as she takes her clothes and runs in the bathroom.

XXXXXXXXX

"I'm sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry" Stefan says wrapping her from behind. That's what he's been doing ever since she came to office. Sending her flowers, chocolates, diaries (her favorite) with sorry notes but she ends up sending them back to him. Stefan sighs because there's no way Elena Gilbert can forgive him. Or maybe she just needs his charm.

"I've heard it like thousand times by now. Let it go" Elena says yanking himself off her. "I'm not going to let it go until you forgive me. I'm sorry. It was out of my mind to tell her. I promise, I'll tell her today" Stefan says locking his hands with hers. Elena looks at him with an angry puppy face but she also knows she can't be angry at him forever.

"It's just.. you're not telling her about us is making me think you're ashamed of us, ashamed to be with me." Elena finally says sadly. Stefan put his hands on her cheeks, stroking. "You, Elena Gilbert, is the precious and the best thing that ever happened to me." Stefan says brushing his nose up on hers. Elena smiles. "I want to be with you" he says. "I want to be with you too" she says it back holding the back of his hands which are glued to her cheeks.

He kisses her. She kisses him back.

"Ms. Gilbert, I need to... oh" here she comes again. Elena breaks the kiss only to look at her. Stefan does the same as well.

"I should just come later" Rebekah says in an awkward voice. It's getting awkward. Today's awkward. Before she could leave "Bekah, wait up" Stefan says causing Rebekah to stand still.

"I want you to meet Elena. My girlfriend" Stefan says wrapping his hand on Elena's arm, gives a squeeze.

Rebekah shakes her head. "What? Really?" Rebekah asks in disbelief. "Yes" Stefan says smiling. Elena raises her chest up proudly.

"Oh! You were the one who was with him this morning?" Rebekah asks pointing a finger at Elena. Elena seriously wants to roll her eyes but she controls. "Of course, I was with him this morning" Elena says really wants to end her sentence with duh. A phone call causes Stefan to receive. "I've to go it's urgent" he says ending the call and kissing Elena's forehead. He nods at Rebekah, Rebekah does the same as he crosses from Rebekah side. "I'll send the files to you" Rebekah says as she leaves Elena's room. Elena sighs in relief. She sure is Stefan's friend but something isn't right. Specially the vibe Rebekah's giving to her.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

It's getting late. Most of the workers has left office. Stefan went to dinner with a client so he said he'll see her at home.

Elena's arranging her files and picking up her things as she hears her door open. "Can I come in?" It's Rebekah saying. Elena nods. "Here are the things you should look at. It has everything you need." Elena takes the files. Rebekah is going to start a business with Stefan. There has some procedures to deal with. Elena looks at the files. "You know, he was crazy when he was into Katherine" Rebekah says. Elena looks at her. "Now, I see the same thing with you" Rebekah says giving Elena a smug dead face. Elena closes the files. "What are you implying Ms. Mikaelson?" Elena asks crossing her arms.

"Let him be happy for once. I just want to see him happy" Rebekah says. Elena clears her throat, her head leans down "And what makes you think he's not happy." She says leans her head up. "With me" she adds. "The history is repeating itself. And I've to watch him fall all over again because of you" Rebekah accuses. Elena smirks but in the most creepy way. "You're not really here because you want to start a business with him. You want to be with him, don't you?" Elena says. Rebekah eyes are red shot. "Get away from his life, Elena. You're not worth it. I've known him since we were in highschool. It's like 25 years old friendship that we've. You just happen to come." Rebekah says. Elena looks at her stunned.

"Not even an one year fling could take a place of 25 years old relationship" Rebekah announces with her deep voice.

"I'm more something worth than a fling to him. You're not the one who's going to be at home to him. It's me. I will be home to him. He'll see me coming and hug me. He'll take me into his lap and kiss me. Then he'll take off my clothes and make love to me the way he wants and I will let him because I love him and he loves me." Elena says getting dangerously closer to Rebekah. Rebekah's angry breaths come out of her nostrils. Elena gives her a smug look "Goodbye Rebekah" Elena says. Rebekah fists her hand angrily as she leaves shutting the door loudly.

Elena takes her hair behind her ear and smiles. She really has called her out. She's happy and proud but also sad and insecure at a same time. What if Rebekah really wants to be with Stefan? She's a threat. She can cause harm to her relationship with him. She has to tell Stefan. Stefan needs to know about his best friend's true identity.

Thanks for reading. Please vote and review.