The Gala (II)

Chapter 9: The Gala (II)

Sighs because my readers drop out a lot :(

"Are you okay?" Elena asks shaking Stefan's arm. He stands still gazing into Katherine when she walks in. She has no guilty, no pain and nothing. The way she acted in the courtroom, victimized herself in every way while Stefan swallowed everything without saying a word and let her win the case. He remembers everything all too well.

Elena strokes Stefan's arm again. She sees how he's lost into Katherine but not like in a romantic way. His face is stern and broken.

"Yeah" Stefan whispers and clears his throat. "Ummm... I .. let me get you a drink" he says not looking at Elena and walks back to the bar.

Elena sighs out. She feels sad for him. She wishes if he actually thought Elena was close enough to share everything. But it's not true. They barely know each other. This is probably their fourth meeting but officially second.

"This party is for VIP's you know" a female voice whispers into Elena. Elena shivers and yelps when her eyes see her. She has this annoying smirk on her face. Elena feels disgust why this old lady is looking at her like that. She checks Elena out from up to bottom.

"Mrs. Salvatore... Ops! I'm sorry, Miss Pierce. I've been invited in and last I checked this place isn't for some old slut who sued her ex husband for his money. Now, if you excuse me" Elena said everything with a heavy smirk even though she has no idea why did she say something like that. She knows nothing.

Suddenly Katherine's hand gropes Elena's arm to stop her walking away from her. She spins Elena a little and hisses at her.

"How dare you to talk to me like that you little bitch? I could easily crush you in the ground and not a single wolf could find your body" Katherine hisses at Elena with a hard face. Elena flinches in pain. "Let go" she says trying to free herself.

"Let her go" Stefan says from Elena's behind. Stefan's not allowed to be around Katherine. He has to keep himself in a distance from her. Court's order.

Katherine is grinning at Stefan but finally let Elena go.

Elena examines her arm where Katherine brutally held her. It's red. Katherine really dugged her nails on Elena's arm. She can see the nailprints on her arm.

"You should stay away from me, Stefan. You know what I'm capable of. Don't you?" She threats Stefan with a prideful smile. Stefan's nose crinkles in anger. He's flustered. He consumes his anger. Stefan can see the camera are on Stefan, Elena and Katherine.

Before Katherine can leave, Elena starts walking in anger. Stefan sighs by maintaining a distance from katherine and follows Elena.

"Elena" he yells her name. She doesn't stop. She hates how she agreed to come to the party. Hell she shouldn't have agreed to go in the gala with Stefan in the first place.

"Elena" Stefan yells again. Elena stops in frustration and turns behind. "Please leave me alone. I don't want to be near people like you. You all have issues and people like you treat people like me trash" Elena voice fades as she swallows her whimpers. She's going to burst into cry soon, she knows it.

"I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I didn't know she'd be here otherwise I wouldn't come here." Stefan says suddenly wrapping Elena into his arms.

Elena shocks at his sudden action. Wait? Is he hugging her? Is she wrapped into his arms? Elena doesn't hug him back because that would be weird. But she let herself melt into his arms. Stefan can her sigh as her soft breaths warming his tux. She needs this for a very long time. Her tragic life circle, the break up, job pressure, the insults and all.

They stand there for few minutes and then Stefan realize it's time to let go off her. Elena's eyes are closed after feeling disconnected from him. Stefan gets a little shy. He really hugged her. He shouldn't have. "I'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable" Stefan says looking at his feet.

Elena looks at him and smiles because she sees him getting shy. But she wipes her smile away when he looks back at her.

"We should go back to the party" Elena insists. Stefan nods but then his eyes fall on her arm. It's still red. Katherine freaking Pierce's handprint is on Elena's arm. He hates it. Destroying his life and reputation weren't enough for her that she's still interfering in his personal life.

Elena's eyes follow his eyes gaze. She sees his eyes are on her arm. She closes her eyes. "It's okay. I said something I shouldn't have so she lose her anger" Elena says to Stefan. Stefan licks his lip "She physically hurt you, Elena. She'll pay" Stefan says in anger.

Elena shakes her head no. "Please, don't. I don't want to cause trouble. I came here to company you that's all. Can we just forget this ever happened?" Elena asks tilting her head. Stefan doesn't buy her words though. She inhales and brings his hand to wrap into hers.

"Let's just enjoy the night" she says smiling. Stefan presses his lips together. Being with Elena feels good he says to himself. He's feels fresh, young, less problematic. She's so mature than her age. She handles everything so practically and positively. He wishes if he could keep her keep for a while. Or maybe forever.

Thanks for reading. Please vote and review.