Thank You

Chapter 25: Thank You

Stefan just comes out on the porch after helping Jenna with the dishes. He finds Elena swinging on the porch, a blanket is wrapped around her. She's looking straight at the road.

"Hey" he says handing her coffee. She smiles gently. "Thank you" Stefan nods and then notices there's no couch to sit on. The couch and stool are on the other side of the porch.

Elena gently drags herself out to make space for him to sit. "Here, sit beside me" she smiles tapping her wood board. Stefan sighs as he sits on.

She immediately let her head rest on his shoulder. She sighs in peace. "You were thinking something." He says taking a strand of her hair out of her face. Elena nuzzles into him more. "No, I wasn't." She says.

Stefan kisses the top of her head. "Liar" he says. Elena lets out a giggle. "Tell me" he encourages her.

"If we only met first" she says very gently. Her tiredness is visible in her voice. "I met Katherine when I was eighteen. You weren't even born in that time, hon!. He says laughing.

Elena squints her eyes at him. "Okay, sorry. And?" He asks. Elena sighs again. "It's just I don't know. I really like you and I love what we're doing now. You even came to meet my family with me. So, I just know you're good for me" she says holding him close.

"I love making you happy." He says. "After all I'm an old man" he says. Elena pinches him. He fake pretends that she hurt him.

"Let's get inside. It's freezing out here" Stefan says getting up giving his hand to help her get up.

"You go, I'll take the blanket" he says when Elena bends to take it. "Gentleman" she purrs kissing his cheek.

XXXXXXX

"Elena?" Jenna calls knocking her door. Elena turns back when she sees her aunt. "Yes" she says.

"Can I talk to you?" Jenna looks hesitate. Elena press her eyebrows together. "Is something wrong?"

Jenna shakes her head. "No, no. It's just. It's about Stefan." She says.

Elena gets closer and rubs her arm. "What is it?" She asks. "You look really happy around him. I mean you are really happy and excite about him even though he's.." she licks her lip before saying it. "Old?" Elena tilts her head and raises her eyebrow. "No. Age doesn't matter. I've dated older man before" Jenna giggles.

"But you look very serious. You're really serious about him" Jenna says. Elena brings her hands on hers locking together. "I feel good. He makes me feel good. I can't say I'm serious but I love being around him. He's exciting and fun but also damaged and hurt at a same time." She says.

"So, you want to save him?" Jenna asks. "The only person who can save himself is him. I just want to be the reason. I know it's selfish but I just..." She pauses. "You want to do it because you couldn't save your parents and you think you owe it to them... to someone" Jenna says looking straight in her eye.

Elena says nothing but stares. Is it what it is? Is she only with him to save him but not for love? She has feelings for him but having feelings for someone doesn't mean it has to be love. "Anyways, we'll talk about it later. Go sleep. You look tired" Jenna says kissing Elena's forehead.

XXXXXXXXXXX

"Hey you" Elena slowly unlocks his door only to find him in his regular tank top and pajama.

"What? I thought we've no sneaking in policy while we're under your aunt's roof" he says seeing her coming in his room wearing shorts and a blue tank top with thin strap. She has a high ponytail.

"Shut up" she says sitting on his lap as she he kisses him. They moan together but not too loud.

Stefan gently places his hand on her back stroking, rubbing while Elena plays with his hair, moving her hips, deepening the kiss. The kiss lasts more than a normal regular kiss.

"Mmm I miss you" she says sexily. Stefan brushes his finger from her nose to her lip to her chin. "But we can't" he says making her pout.

"Well," she says getting up as she jumps into his bed. "We can sleep together at least. You're more warmer than my teddy to sleep with" she says giving him a very mischievous grin. Stefan giggles.

"And if aunt Jenna comes?" He sounds serious but he's not. He's preparing himself to sleep next to her.

"Don't worry. She takes sleeping pills. I hear her snorting before I came here" Elena says inviting him in her arms. Stefan hugs her.

"Mmm, this feels good" Elena hums loving this feeling. Being close with him.

Stefan gently leaves a kiss on her collarbone. "Thank you" he says. When he looks at her she looks at him confused. "For what?" She smiles asking him curiously.

Stefan bottom lip sticks out. Elena thinks maybe he's thankful for taking him to meet her family but she has no idea that Stefan has heard everything Jenna and she said earlier. He just went to ask Elena for blanket and that was when he heard everything. Stefan let his head rest on the pillow, bringing Elena closer to him. Elena kisses him one last time before she puts her head against his chest.

Thanks for reading please vote and review