Knowing You

Chapter 10: Knowing You

"Elena, get up. Get up. Get up" Elena can hear Caroline's scream coming from downstairs. It's nothing new though. She does it all the time. Elena's ear are opened but she's still asleep.

"Elena, you lazy ass. Get up" Caroline screams bursting into her room. Elena sighs yet gluing herself on her pillow.

"Check your phone. It's about you" Caroline screams again trying to hand Elena's phone to her.

Elena lazily gets up rubbing her eye and peak the other eye at Caroline. "You know people wake up in the morning hearing roosters, birds but I wake up hearing you which isn't nice. I need to find a new place" Elena mumbles still not taking her phone.

"We can talk about this later but now see this" Caroline says shoving her phone at Elena. Elena's now little bit annoyed.

"God! Care" Elena says taking her phone and looks at the screen. "What the..." She says as she finally reads what Caroline's been trying to say. She rubs her eyes and looks at her screen again. She scrolls down. Her mouth is widely open, eyes are shot opened as she scrolls down, exits, goes into other app and sees the same thing.

"They're calling me Stefan's mistress. What the fuck." Her social handle is filled with hate and love comments. People are following her, making fun of her, trolling, making memes about her with Stefan.

Caroline's tensed up and just stares at Elena. Elena gasps "Oh God! See this one. They're saying Stefan cheated on Katherine with me. That's not true at all" Elena tells holding her temple. Caroline nods. "I've seen." Caroline says sadly. Elena holds her mouth as she's going to throw up soon. She mumbles something while holding her mouth, she shoves Caroline her phone and runs to the bathroom.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

"I need to see Mr. Salvatore" Elena says to the receptionist as she enters in Stefan's house. The receptionist nods and makes a phone call. Elena starts pacing around. She's covering her head with a scarf and wearing big goggles because the media was standing outside of her apartment. "Stefan Salvatore's unknown mistress" is today's hot topic. Elena has to take the out door of her house to come in here.

"Ma'am, you can go" the receptionist says to Elena. Elena smiles awkwardly as she walks into the house.

"Hey!" she starts looking around to find Stefan as she hears his voice. She looks up and sees Stefan's standing in the second floor holding his coffee mug.

"Come over here" Stefan says to Elena with a soft smile. Elena wants to punch him in the face now. How could he be so relaxed about this?

Elena storms herself into the stairs and picks up her speed. She hardly controls herself for slapping him in the face when she sees him smiling softly like an innocent baby.

"Do you have any idea about the on going crisis we're having?" Elena says in anger. Stefan takes a sip and makes a sexy growl. Elena shoots death glare at Stefan.

He picks up his phone. "Please bring a cold water upstairs for my guest" Stefan says jokingly that makes Elena more angry.

"You know you're too old to act like a ten year old" Elena says crossing her arms as she stands infront of him.. Stefan chuckles "This is the third time you called me old" Stefan says to Elena.

"Please can you at least be serious for a second? I know you don't care about your reputation which is pretty much rolling in the street but I'm not a business woman or a famous figure. I've reputation. I've a job and morever a family. You probably love the way you're being the center of attention. Maybe you love the way people's been calling you an abusive husband, wife beater but I'm not going to love the fact that this town is now knowing me as a mistress. Your mistress" Elena bolts out in anger as she walks close to him, standing face to face. Stefan licks his lips and looks down.

"Elena, I'm not comfortable hearing everything that I'm not but this is life." Stefan says sadly looking on his left. He doesn't want to look her in the eye.

"You're used to it" she pauses "But I'm not and the worse thing is you don't clear your name out. You let people think about yourself the worse. You don't protest. You don't take actions. You do nothing" Elena says with a ruggy voice. It's sad knowing he really can't take anything seriously. Elena knows he's not that kinda person that people think. He has a heart and probably he is the one who got the heartbreak.

"I'm sorry the way people wrote shit about you, Elena but trust me, I can say nothing. It's not in the option. Nobody's going to hear me out or going to believe me. Time will pass and people will find other stuffs to be harassing themselves about" Stefan sadly looks at Elena. He leaves Elena speechless.

He probably doesn't like to be The Gossip. "You know you're rich, famous but all I can say that I feel sorry for you" Elena says angrily as she turns her back to get the hell out of here. Coming here is a mistake. He could do nothing about it and Elena can't get herself clean from the accusations because she's not famous. She's an ordinary publicist.

Suddenly his hand grope Elena's arm, makes her turn back at him. The spin is too strong so Elena ends up bumping into Stefan's chest. She gasps. Her palms fall into his strong chest. Stefan looks down at Elena. Her head ends on Stefan's chest. Their height difference is irresistible. Elena can hear his hot breath on her face. She shivers being too close to Stefan.

"Please don't be mad. I don't want you to leave me being mad at me" Stefan says bringing his rough hand on Elena's face. He caresses her cheek softly. This man is something. She wants to hate him so badly but she just can't. There's something about him that drives her crazy. She wants him close to her. Elena melts into his touch when she finds herself closing her eyes. Few seconds later she composes herself. She's showing weakness.

"Why did she do it to me?" Elena hears herself asking to Stefan. Stefan closes his eyes. What else he can say? That woman left him with nothing. "She loves to play games. But she wasn't always like this" he says to Elena. Her hands are still safely against his chest.

She takes a step back. Stefan feels empty when her tiny hands leave his tight chest.

"If you want to talk about anything, you can. I'm willing to hear you. I'm not going to judge you. I want to know the truth" she says looking straight into his eye. "Only if you want to" she adds hoping he'd agree.

Stefan swallows "Let's go for a walk."

Is Stefan ready enough to tell about his past to Elena?

Thanks for reading Please vote and review.