Consuming Passion

Chapter 12: Consuming Passion

"Elena, you can do nothing. She's a powerful business woman. She would murder people and nobody's gonna know" Caroline says unwrapping her dress that she's going to wear to the pub.

Elena groans "That's what we do, aren't we? Exposing people? We're publicist. We just need some solid evidence against her." Elena says going through her laptop to get information of Katherine as much as she can get.

"Stop it. Enough of her now" Caroline shuts her laptop. Elena gives her a headache face.

"Please that's not our job to do. If men like Stefan can't prove himself innocent then there's nothing we can do" Caroline says shaking Elena's arm.

Elena makes a growl. "Okay" she agrees but lies. She knows what to do and she'd do it alone.

"Come on, we've to go to the pub." Elena gets up. Caroline bites on her lips. "I, actually invited Klaus to come" she grins at Elena. Elena lets out a frustrating sigh. "Really? It's supposed to be ours night, Care! We barely get time together now" Elena makes a sad face. Caroline now works at night shift so Elena barely sees her.

"I'm so sorry. It's my day off and Klaus wanted to meet me" Caroline says making a puppy and an apologetic face. Elena understands even though she doesn't like the idea of Caroline dating such an old men like Klaus but if that's what she wants, Elena respects that.

"Okay, finneee" Elena says dramatically. Caroline whooshes and hugs Elena tightly. "Thank you, thank you. I love you so much, Elena" Caroline says kissing Elena's hair. Elena smiles as she strokes Caroline's back.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Elena lazily lays on the big couch. A bowl popcorn is on her stomach. They float as she breaths in and out. She's changing the channels but nothing's interesting to watch. It's already 8pm. Caroline just left. She's bored and she has barely friends to go out. As she picks her phone, she intentionally opens her phone gallery. She knows she has to get rid all of those memories with Tucker someday but she still isn't ready. She smiles as she swipes left to see their happy photos.

Her face gets excited as she gets lost into that. She sighs as she seen all of the photos. She selects them all and pauses. She thinks if she should delete everything or not.

"We are getting wet" Elena said shivering as she walked with Tucker. "Shhh! You're with me. Let's enjoy" he said to Elena as he let go off the umbrella which was barely protecting them from rain. "What the.." Elena said but she soon found herself into Tucker's arm. He had rested one of his hand on her waist and the other one with her hand. He swayed with her then he spun her and brought her back to his arm. "Really? Dancing in the rain?" Elena tilted her head smirking. Tucker brushed the hair out of her face as he pulled her closer to kiss her.

"I love you, Elena Gilbert" he said breaking the kiss. Elena was sure her eyes were wet but the rain drank her tears "I love you too, Tucker Samson"

She finally selects the delete option and clears the trash. For some odd reason, she finds peace. Maybe holding onto hope is causing her pain. She should let go off everything. She gets up determining to take off every thing that belongs to Tucker but her phone vibration stops her to do anything.

She takes the phone and she nearly drops on the sofa. It's Stefan calling her. Why is he calling her? It's been three weeks they had seen each other. Elena has thought to contact him but she knows how busy he's and probably he didn't mean when he said he wanted to meet her sometime. He's a public figure after all. Just because he opened up to her that doesn't mean he wants to do anything with her.

With her shaking hand she receives the call. "Hello" she says with a quacking voice and then curses herself. "You alright?" She hears him asking. "Yeah, I'm... Just. It is unexpected that you called" she says scratching her head. Stefan chuckles. "Well, would it be unexpecting if I actually going to ask you out, now?" He asks to her. Elena's throat gets dry. Yes, she's alone and bored and it'd be fun to go out but with Stefan. She's not so sure. That man drives her crazy.