Pregnancy Dilemma

Once I am ready for the ball, I make my way downstairs, but I notice that although my father was happy, initially, about the pregnancy, he is very stressed about it and I assume it is the dilemma of hiding it till the day it is born.

Although the paparazzi is all over the nobles and the royal family, talking about a baby is not something that they are able to talk about otherwise they will be put in prison. Anyways, the ball goes on as usual.

I watch as Lantana and Tobin talk to the boys, but they avoid Azalea so I make my way over to her.

She curtsies as I say, "Hello." "Hello, Your Highness," she says kindly and I smile at her politeness. "No one to talk to?" I ask her as she looks around, shaking her head. "No," she says sadly, "I am the only girl in the family. The rest are boys and they are all my brothers." "Are they all here?" I ask out of curiosity. She shakes her head, "No, my youngest brother is only one so he is at home." I nod slowly, "You have any potentials?" She blushes shyly, "My mother has ensured that I meet everyone that could possibly be a potential for me, but you never know who might be added as people still have children. You have met Abraxas of Celadon. Also, there is Marquess Helios of Ponceau, Viscount Rory of Eburnean, Count Armel of Amaranth, Viscount Blake and Michael of Feldgrau." I nod as I think about her many options.

"There is a lot to think about," she says as she sighs. I nod, "The life of a noble is never easy especially when they are the ones who have the top say because they are the heirs to the role." She nods, "Do you feel the same?" "Well, you and I are both the same age, so what do you think?" I ask her as I laugh. "I guess you feel worse," she says with a giggle.

Soon, Magnolia makes her way over and starts talking with Azalea. Once I feel it is appropriate, I leave them and stand by my mother as well as my father.

My father whispers, "I am increasing security measures and we will have to find a way to protect you in all the activites that are to come, so we need to consult with my advisors and the rest of the family." I nod and then my mother smiles at me warmly.

"Sorry that we have not seen much of each other," she says kindly, "a Queen and King's life never stops despite everything else." "Did you have time for your children?" I ask her seriously. "In the beginning, we had a lot of time," she says as she thinks back, "but as things got busier and we had you and Magnolia, we had to ensure that your education was taken care of as well as anything related to royal life that we couldn't teach because of our busy life." I sigh deeply, "I don't want that to happen to me." She nods, "I felt the same way, but having many children leads to having too much to handle and education-wise, you need your children to interact with others so there is nothing wrong with getting some form of help."

I nod, agreeing with her as I think about how busy life is right now, but I know deep inside that there are some things that need to change.

I watch others dance including Radley and Magnolia.

I talk to some of the nobles until Radley makes his way over to me.

He takes me to one side to check in on me.

"You doing okay?" he asks kindly. "Up and down," I say honestly, "had to go to the bathroom cause I felt a little nauseous and I am eating like a pig, but trying to control it so no one else notices." He laughs a little, "So?" "I am fine," I say kindly, "it just brings up bad memories that I hope to never relive." His carefree attitude changes, "No one will ever let you relive anything that you went through again or anything new that could harm you. They will protect you to the best of their ability." I smile at his kind words and we make our way to continue talking with the others.

As the day comes to its end, I make my way to my room and find my entire family sitting there along with the advisors who seem thrilled about the potential heir to come.