Bad Day!

The next day, all the girls are asked to come to a very important meeting. "Ok, so since you're all here we can start," he states excitedly. I sigh deeply and ask Delilah, "Has this ever happened before?" She nods and states, "Only with extremely important and dangerous clients." I shiver at the thought of death. "So we all know gang members are regular customers and we have some of those coming as well as some very potentially dangerous customers who could kill since they request home visits and some that could destroy the livelihood you know," he states then continues his son by his side never wavering in looking at me, "lets keep these thoughts in mind as we go out today and as some come in."

We all scatter. "Are you going out today?" I ask her nervously. "Probably," she states and sighs deeply, "don't worry I'll be fine." "When will they give us the list and details of how to attend to these men coming today?" I ask rather shyly. "I'm not sure but I'm sure soon since they'll probably come at night because they're dangerous after all," she states confidently. Soon after they all receive their notices about the men who're coming and who they will be attending to and how they must attend to them. "All the men I'm going to are requesting outside visits," Delilah states nervously showing apprehension for the first time. "Are you scared cause they're trained killers?" I ask making the situation more tense while sitting in her room preoccupied with a vast array of colors, books and pictures.

"Of course!" She states with tears in her eyes, "what happens to you if I don't come back?" "Hey, you will come back and we will watch our movie together on our day off," I state with enthusiasm. "So who do you have?" She asks me kindly. "The leader of the gang and some other random people but all here," I state confused. "Your too young to go outside. The manager will never let a fourteen year old go outside especially in this crazy world we are living in," she states seriously, "they never let me go out until I was eighteen." "I'll only get to see the world in four years time, that's unfair!" I state annoyed because all I've ever seen and known are these horrible grey walls and the sunlight that shines through the window every now-and-again. These windows and this building doesn't shed light on the world around me, but it tends to create more questions that are left unanswered. She notices my sour expression and states, "Be glad that you know nothing about the outside world and that you've only ever experienced these horrors because you can still maintain the fantasy of your imagination about the world you've never seen. You can imagine how great it is and never actually know what its really like." "I'm turning fifteen tomorrow and your turning twenty-four so you better live till then,"I state seriously giving her the impression that I won't forgive her if she doesn't come back to me.

I finish my shift which is finish early because of a fight between the two gang leaders over me, and so I got so many bruises, they got kicked out and now we have issues with where some of the girls are. I'm just sitting and waiting for Delilah. The manager comes to me and states, "So many girls didn't make it to their appointments and have gone missing. I'm sorry to say that Delilah is one of them and the police called, so now we're in even more trouble so we have to get going." "What about Delilah? Where'd they find her?" I ask with tears in my eyes and sobs jolting my body like lightening bolts. "I...I wish I knew, but they refused to tell me where they found her but she's gone and the funeral will be held soon. We have to leave if we want to stay together and continue living," he states like their's no other choice. I nod sadly and try to get up but fail miserably. He sighs and states, "Great more problems." All the girls look at me and sigh deeply, they get into the vans as soon as directed, not having a choice but to obey. It all clicked then, the manager wasn't my family, the girls were because they didn't want to be here or leave me behind. "Are you going to leave me?" I asked as I could see the girls lining up and getting into vehicles, there were hundreds of us and I knew them all. "No you're coming with me so we will leave last," he states and sighs deeply.