Trees and Rivers

As the sun rises with a lot of energy, I groan as my body aches from the riding yesterday but I get up and bath, then get dressed.

Knock Knock

"Your Highness," Kris says kindly so I let him in and he frowns at my state, "what happened to you?" "I am exhausted," I say seriously, "I am trying to study and do all these things at the same time. Guess what? I am not succeeding in convincing anyone of my worth as of yet." "Of course you are," he says but I cut him off. "Stop," I say seriously, "the honest truth is that I am losing to my brother because everyone loves him. Not me."

My frustration is boiling inside me and Kris just looks at me, smiling.

"You are highly intelligent," he says seriously, "you know it is true and you succeeded immensely. No one can say anything as long as you keep trying because endurance is the best quality of a leader. Don't give up just because your past is beating you down." "How did you know?" I ask with pain in my eyes. "I can see what I see in my own eyes," he says sadly, "it is not the greatest feeling to be trapped in your thoughts." "The memories just...," I say as tears fill my eyes, "never stop coming back and...I cannot feel okay with...getting to know someone who seems to be interested in me." He sighs deeply, "Give it a chance but I know it is hard as I saw what my mother goes through everyday due to her past. Sometimes she just does not feel worthy and that person will have to deal with that as well as the past people that keep coming back to bother you." I nod as my tears fall and I sob uncontrollably but then someone else knocks on my door.

"Prince Radley here," the young prince says kindly, "we were not there yesterday because we had to do something and I just wanted to know how you are doing." "Just give me a minute," I say as I try to wipe my tears but Kris opens the door while I am busy.

I just look at Kris and shake my head.

"Are you okay?"the prince asks me with concern. I nod but Kris shakes his head and the prince notices but I try and get away.

The prince steps in front of me to stop me, "Come on. It is okay to feel sad sometimes and let people in." "You would not understand," I say seriously and then look at Kris standing there so we are not alone, "it is just my past." Tears start to threaten to fall again and the prince tenses beside me, "Oh, I don't really know about it but if you need someone to talk to about it then let me know." I nod and smile, "Thanks, I have to get ready for the event today. Will you be there?" He nods and makes his way out with some effort.

Kris smiles at me but I scowl, "You cannot force me to tell people." "I do not want you to tell anyone," he says seriously, "I want you to rely on other people and not just me because I will not be here forever." "Please wait outside," I say seriously and he nods, then leaves to wait outside as I change into riding gear.

Once I come outside, I see Kris waiting for me.

"Thanks for looking out for me," I say with a sad smile, "it will take time though." "He wants to get to know you," Kris says kindly, "let him."

I sigh and walk away as he follows me to the stables.

Once there, I get a map that I must follow with my horse to get to a certain area in the forest.

My horse, the one I was gifted, which is red and white, I have named Ruby.

Once she is ready to go, I notice the King and Prince of Freesia coming towards me. I curtsy once they come closer.

"It is so nice to see you," King Cosmos says kindly and I see jealousy on his brother's face, "shall we go to the grounds together?" "Sure," I say kindly, "I am willing to wait." Prince Radley comes closer and says, "You have a Przemalski?" "A recent gift," I say honestly, "for surviving Ruby." He laughs, "You are telling me. Those horses are impossible." I smile as I get on without any effort and soon they both are ready to ride with their horses.