A Break

Throughout the rest of the stay in Ponceau, Solis got to know more about his parents and what they did during their lives. He, also, learned some culture as well as took his test that determined the subjects he would need to start learning.

Solis will follow us around throughout the rest of the time and start his duties once he has graduated from his courses at the end of the year, since he is already of age. The same applies to Radley.

Luckily, I still have till I am eighteen to get through the rest of my courses.

Once that is decided, I sent a letter to Duke Ceril and let him know that their child will not be coming to stay with us, rather a trusted guard will take care of the child throughout their life as a big message had been sent to those trying to kill noble children and the consequences of such.

Helios was cleared of charges along with his mother and since they are heirs then they would take the place of the current Marquess once he died. Apollo is in prison alongside his father while Helios is under strict watch until further notice.

On the 26th of February, we leave Ponceau with everyone and travel alongside the beach. We travel past the homes of the entire noble family and by the third day we are over the border of Ponceau and near the noble homes of Feldgrau. Finally, on the fourth day, we arrive at Feldgrau's Duke's home which is the 2nd of March.

Once I exit the carriage, my eyes widen at the number of smiling, young faces staring back at me.

The Duke comes towards me and says, "Welcome Your Highness. I am Duke Loyd. It is an honor to meet you." I smile and thank him then he moves on as a group comes forward to talk to me.

"Your Highness," the Marquess along with his wife and children curtsy and bow, "this is my wife. This is my oldest son Garrison, my daughter Clover and my current heir, Winston." I smile and greet them all, "It is nice to meet you all and nice to see so many young faces." "Soon, our siblings will be old enough to join," Clover says kindly. "Oh," I say in surprise, "how many others are there?" She says with a laugh, "My sisters are too young to come. There are only two that are at home. Posey will come next year." I thank them for telling me about themselves and they move on to the next people.

The Countess greets me politely and makes small talk until it is time to move on.

The Viscountess comes forward, "Your Highness it is such an honor to meet you. This is my husband and these are my children. Blake is my oldest son, then Dorian, the current heir, and lastly, Michael." "That is a lot of boys," I say with a laugh and she nods in agreement. "Oh, yeah," she says with a laugh, "there are more boys at home and a girl as well. There are a lot of children in this region."

I feel at peace knowing that some families have protected themselves as best they could and have not allowed bad things to change what they feel they want to do in their lives. I wish I could be like them.

Once everyone is done greeting the entire noble family of Feldgrau, we make our way to the rooms reserved for our stay here. Radley collapses on the bed and I follow.

"Have you noticed how different this island is?" he asks me and I laugh. "Yeah," I say honestly, "it is very diverse culturally and linguistically."

After talking for some time about the diversity of the country, we head to bed so we can be up early for the ball.

Once we wake up, the normal routines start as I try to control my pregnancy woes.

As soon as that is over, we head outside to the gardens and find huge tent-like structure sitting in the gardens. When we enter, it is beautifully white and filled with space for eating as well as dancing.