chapter 31

i was finally let out... not out of prison but out of shu. i was let out a day after i talked to luschek. i honestly didn't want to talk to anybody, especially not nicky. i couldn't face her. and i sure as hell wasn't gonna come crawling back to her after what she did to me. how could you lock up your own wife like that?

i walked back to my bunk, all of my things were still there, my bunkie wasn't, thank god. i just wanted to be alone. as i walk back to my bunk, nicky sees me, so does the rest of the family. i ignore them. i didn't want to see them.. but nicky walks over to me.

"what, i don't get a get a hello?" she said

"you can go to hell." i snapped back at her

"so the 'i miss you' and the 'i love you' was a lie?"

"what?..." it took be a second to realize that luschek lied. "i was lonley. didn't know what else to do." i didn't want to hurt her so i just lied.

"so what, are we just not a thing anymore?"

"guess not. screw off." i ended the conversation, nicky walked away, hurt. red followed after her

                 ——————————————

"she's just upset." red reassured nicky

"ma, she just broke off everything. for gods sake we were married and she just ended it cause she was 'upset'?!"

"just give her some time. she's hurt to."

"i was helping her!"

"she doesn't see it that way. just give her some space and she will come around.. eventually."