chapter 27

i sat in my cube, alone. i was picking at my cuticles until they bled. i really couldn't loose the family and i really couldn't go back to max.... but i knew i wouldn't be able to get clean. i chewed my fingernails and picked some more.. until a CO  walked into my cube.. she was new... but hot, like really hot. and i know i shouldn't say that, considering i was married to nicky.

she sat down next to me, slouched. "inmate, you really shouldn't do that. it's not good for you."

"it's an anxiety thing." i wipe my face and i scratch at my scars

she took my arms and she pulled up my sleeves, but i quickly pulled away. "hm. thinking about doing that again?" she asked

"um no. that's not it." i shrug "just thinking.. about this place. i mean, this place made me do it."

"did this place turn you into an addict to?"

"what? no.. i've been an addict since i was a freshie and highschool. but i'm clean, i'm totally clean."

"no your not. i'm not stupid. if you need to talk i'm here. i'm not like the other guards, i care. i got your back, my lips are sealed about the drugs. i didn't hear anything..." she smiled, then flicked me a baggie of pills before leaving my cube

weird.. she was weird. i put the baggie in my bra, of course i wasn't gonna decline the free drugs.

i didn't notice but nicky was watching us from a distance. she didn't see the drugs, thank god. after a minute she walked over to me, sat beside me then kissed the top of my head.

"hey stranger." she smiled "who's that new guard?"

"oh, i don't know. she's weird." i replied.

"most are. what, she try getting in your pants?"

"what, no gross." i kissed her cheek

she paused for a second "you okay?" she grabbed my hands "ivy.. come on, your hands are torn up."

"anxiety nichols." i whispered, looking at the new guard in the guard bubble.