Chapter 17

"Baba, The girl's school project that I started in Lahore has been completed and I want you to come with me in its opening ceremony and cut the ribbon." Dastaan entered his fathers office and said.

Dastaan was in black blazer and white shirt, black tie and black pants. He had a watch in his left wrist. He stood there talking to his father and didn't sat down despite of his father pointing towards the chairs asking him to sit down.

"I asked you to not work on that project but you did anyway, You left the project through which we would have earned million dollars." His father's tone was harsh.

Dastaan knew his father would exactly respond like this but he still went there with a hope that his father might come.

"Baba, everything's not about money. Fine, if you don't wanna come but atleast let me go with prayers and blessings." Dastaan said with a soft tone.

"There are no blessings for those who don't listen to their parents." His father started working on his laptop.

"Baba, I even changed my career because of you, this is the only thing I have ever done as I wanted to and thats also not for me, its for our future, its for the education of girls since in our village they don't allow girls to go out. Baba, we belong there, is the reality we can never change."
Dastaan said and looked at his father with sadness that spread not only on his face but his entire existence.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Meerub waited for Aahil to come and pick her but he didn't instead her driver came. It was after a month, he didn't come. It was her habit of seeing him outside her university. It made her sad but she calmed herself down by thinking he might be busy somewhere else.

As she came back from university, she went to Aahil's room instead of hers. She knocked twice, since no one opened so she herself went inside because she thought she has an equal right on his room.

As she went inside, there was no one inside, Aahil's phone was present on bed and it was ringing.

She went towards it and took his cell phone, the incoming call was from "Zarnab <3".
It broke her heart, why is she calling him when he told her that they broke up.

She felt dumb.

"Hi, Meerub what are you doing here?" Aahil came out of bathroom.

"Why is Zarnab calling you?"
Meerub didn't reply his question, instead she showed him the phone where Zarnab was calling him again and again.

"She is my friend, For God Sake."
He took his cell-phone from her hand.

"Since, when you patch up with her and why didn't you tell me." Meerub asked.

"Why are you asking weird questions, have you gone mad? And how dare you enter my room without my permission."
Aahil asked more like he shouted at her.

"This is my room too, I have a right on you and on this room. Can we already get married Aahil?Please. Nikaah kar lete hein na. "
She pleaded.

"Meerub, are you fine?
Nikkah ?
We are kids.
We have our entire future infront of us."

He went towards her and put his hand on her arms.

"Bhabhi (Sister in law) called and said baba mere nikkah ka soch rahe boht jald. They might won't let me study further. You can help me. " Meerub was almost at verge of crying.

"Acha, don't cry we will sort it out together, I promise." She said wiping away her tears with his hands.

"I have to go." Aahil said.