Chapter 16

"How was your exam?"

As soon as she left the examination hall, discussing questions with her friends, she saw Aahil standing there.

"What are you doing here?" She asked saying excuse to her friends and moving towards him.

"I have been waiting here since you went inside the examination hall." He said.

They both started moving out of the department.

"Oh My God, Aahil. I didn't ask you to stay." Meerub said she sounded guilty.

"How did your exam go?" Aahil asked.

"It went so well." She was happy.

"Look, I told you na," Aahil replied.

"But the entire credit goes to Dastaan bhai," Meerub said.

"Why?" Aahil looked at her.

"He made me understand everything," Meerub told him.

"What? Dastaan taught you something that's in medicine. Are you serious your exam went well?" Aahil didn't want to but he sounded as if he was mocking her.

"I am serious, Dastaan bhai stayed up all night and she listened to all lectures and made me understand this morning. He is very nice to me." She smiled.

They almost reached his car.

"Do you like me?" Aahil asked holding her hand.

"Yeah, of course I do Aahil."

Meerub said looking into his eyes, his deep blue eyes, he was probably the only person to have owned this beautiful and unique color of eyes in the entire world, or at least in her entire world, She thought.

"Let's grab a coffee at a nice place I know," Aahil said.

"But, It's already late." Meerub looked at the sky, it was already evening, and the sky was changing its color from bright blue to yellow, orange, and red, and then finally it will be dark. Maybe that's why you get that weird feeling of missing someone, or fear of things getting wrong all evening time because it's just the beginning of darkness.

"I am with you, Meerub. " He was still holding her hand.

"Okay, as you say," Meerub replied.

By the time it was almost dark, they were in a beautiful and aesthetic cafe.

"Let's order something first and then I have to give you something," Aahil said.

"I had my lunch late, so I will just have sandwiches I guess, and iced coffee," Meerub said.

Aahil let a waiter note down their order.

"You liked anklets na? I have bought you one." He placed a rectangular box on the table towards Meerub's side.

"This is so beautiful." She touched it, it was silver in color and had a diamond attached to it.

"The diamond is real Meerub. It's worth more than 5 lac, I just want to let you know, diamonds are nothing in front of you, you are very important to me." Aahil said.

"Thank you, I love you. I do Aahil." Meerub eyes were almost watery but she wasn't crying, She hold his hands into hers.

Meerub was just another teenager craving attention and love but she didn't know what the future awaits.

                      *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Though she already had sandwiches with Aahil she still felt hungry so she went to have dinner when the entire family was having. It was after a month she sat there with everyone.

By the time she finished dinner almost everyone except Dastaan and Fatima have finished dinner.
"How was your exam?" Dastaan asked as he saw Meerub stand up for leaving.

"It was good." She replied, but the guilt of being in a relationship with Aahil appeared, what was wrong with this person why would his presence always make her feel like that?

"Acha to hoga he, she was taking extra classes and she even used to skip her dinner for the sake of studies," Fatima added.

"Extra Classes?" Dastaan looked at Meerub.

"Jee sometimes." Meerub ran from the dining room, it became hard for her to breathe in the same air as he was.

                         *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

" Meerub, what's wrong with you? Have you forgotten why we sent you to Islamabad?" Sarmad said.

She was on the call with her brother. And this was the first sentence he said when she picked up his call.

She didn't expect him to shout at her.

"wh..what hap..happened?" She was stuttering.

"Were you out there in any cafe with a boy? Tell me Meerub were you? Even if you are about to Say No, I have a prove Meerub, This friend of mine came to Islamabad today and by the time he was leaving the cafe, he saw you coming out from a boy's car. Though he couldn't capture the picture of the boy you? Meerub I never expected this from you. Aree shukar karo woh tou us ne mujhe sirf taswerein dekhai, agar sab ko maloom par jaye tou abba tumhe jaan se maar dein ge."