Chapter 15

Dastaan was in deep thought until he heard someone knocking on his door. When he said, "Yes, come in".

She entered his room.

"Why would you leave without telling me?" Meerub asked as she entered his room, in a soft tone, her voice was a melodious remedy he waited to hear for a week. Her voice calmed his soul, and all thoughts, all overthinking vanished, this is what love does to you, the only peace you feel is in the existence of your beloved.

"I am not obliged to tell you every single detail of my life," Dastaan replied remembering her conversation with Aahil.

"But, at least you should have told me about your fiance?" Meerub asked looking at the floor.

"Which fiance?" Dastaan was astonished.

"Zumar," Meerub said looking up for a second at him, he was wearing glasses and a black kurta, sleeves were folded back, She again looked at the floor.

"And who said that to you?" Dastaan smiled.

"Fatima told me." As Meerub looked at him, he stopped smiling immediately, and his face was straight with no emotion on it now. Only Dastaan could do it, only he can fake the emotions.

"She must be pulling a prank on you. Zumar is the manager of our company in the Dubai branch and she just came for a meeting here." Dastaan explained.

"It was a prank. Uff" She turned back to leave, and Dastaan smile looking at leaving his room feeling dumb.

                       *_*_*_*_*_*_*

Meerub was tired after sitting down and studying. As she decided to go to bed, she saw a message notification on her phone, she looked at it, it was Aahil's message.

                         "Still awake?"

She looked at his message, still a teenager, gets giggly over his messages, smiles but why would her mind mess up with her like this, she wondered.

          "Yeah."
She replied.

"Great, Can we talk?" Aahil texted.

"I am not sure, I have my module very soon and classes tomorrow early in the morning." She replied sitting down on her bed with her back against pillows that were present against her bed crown.

"But, she still wanna talk, right?" Aahil texted.

"I don't know." She should have said 'no' but deep down she liked the attention he gave her.

"You can skip the first lecture, trust me it won't even matter." Aahil wrote.

"No, never." She knew she shouldn't.

"Okay, Can I come over to your room?"
he asked.

"No, Why would you." Meerub panicked.

"Coming." He replied and went offline.

"I mean not now, don't." She typed but he didn't see the message and he slightly knocked on her room's door, she knew who it was so she didn't ask and opened the room.

He entered her room and closed the door behind him, went to her bed, and sat down, while Meerub was still standing near the door.

"Come on, Meerub sit down here. It's your room." He said and she without second thought sat down at a little distance from him.

"What do you like most in jewelry?" Asked.

"Payal (Anklet)" She replied.

"what? I mean bracelets are more beautiful and I have seen you wearing elegant bracelets a lot."
Aahil replied pointing at the bracelet she is still wearing it was nothing just a single gold chain with 3 pearls in the center, It looked so beautiful on her wrist.