Chapter 4

"Aahil, can you please bring me the file I texted you about," Dastaan said, closing the cuffs of his sleeves.

"But, you are in Lahore na?" Aahil said he was getting ready for his university.

"Yeah, I am in Lahore," Dastaan replied while combing his hair with one hand and holding the phone in the other.

"Bhai, I can ask the driver to come, I don't wanna come," Aahil said

"I could have asked the driver myself, but the file is very important and I can't trust anyone other than you, now tell me Are you bringing it or not," Dastaan said angrily

"Okay bhai, I am bringing" Aahil hung up

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

"Jaldi jaldi hath chalao tum log, mein Aahil ko khana khilae begair nahi jane doon gi"

"you girls should hurry up, I won't let Aahil go without having lunch"
Meerub's mother was giving instructions to Sarmad's wife Amna who was cutting vegetables for salad and their servant who was cooking something on the stove.

Meerub was sitting on the kitchen counter with her biology book in her one hand and cucumber in the other hand. Her neurons
were preoccupied with the DNA chapter she was reading until they heard a name, a name that sound similar to them, a name that they can recognise even when 1000 names are being called. She looked at her mother, and she didn't want to say but she said

"Aahil?"She asked

"Aahil, your mamu's younger son, he is sitting outside with your brothers, he came to give a file to Dastaan, I asked him to have lunch but I don't know why is he in so much hurry. He doesn't want to eat anything but..."Her mother was saying something but meerub put the leftover cucumber on the kitchen counter and she ran outside.

"dekh lo aik meri aulad he nikami,majal he jo maa ki poori bat sun lein ya kam mein madad karein kuch, saara din mun kitabon mein he is larki ka," Meerub's mother said

"I am your daughter na, I will help you in everything you need, just let our Meerub study so she can be a doctor" Amna smiled and said.

Meerub's heart was beating fast, all it wanted was to see him once, just to get his single glimpse. She stood there outside the kitchen she could see the people sitting in the hall but couldn't find him. So, she went upstairs, stood beside the wall, and tried to look at people sitting down in the hall.

"Whom are you looking for?" Someone said behind her, she recognized this voice, and her heart stopped a beat.

She immediately turned to look at him. His blue eyes were so bright, so deep, deep enough to make you want to drown in them.
At this very moment, she hated her heart which deceives her every time she thinks of him or look at him, because it makes her believe that it is beating for him, he is the reason it works now.

He smiled at her. And she dropped her book.

And he smiled again at her for how clumsy she always is. He came a few steps towards her and took the book from the floor, handover it to her, and walked towards the stairs without saying anything to her.

"Aahil" Meerub finally spoke and only she knew how much courage she gathered before saying his name

"yes" He stopped on the first stair, looked back at her

"Are you angry with me?" that's the only thing she could think of. She wanted to cry in his arms. She wanted to be in his embrace.

Aahil traced back his steps and stood in front of her, took her face into his hands.