𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖱𝖳𝖸-𝖳𝖧𝖱𝖤𝖤: 𝖤𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖶𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝖨𝗍 𝖢𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗈 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖨𝗌 𝖠 𝖯𝗋𝗈𝗆𝗂𝗌𝖾

~

Y/N POV:

I can't stop thinking about Toby.

Wait, stop. Before you attack me, not like that. I'm just thinkin' about him, you know, in general.

OK, not Toby specifically.. More so, the way that Hobie reacted to Toby.

Now that I think of it, their names rhyme. LOL. Anyways...

He was so protective over me. And not just with Toby. Just in general. The whole jacket thing. Not keeping his hands off me as we walked.

I'm mad that he thinks I can't handle myself.

But I'm also not mad.

Because... I kinda liked the attention.

"y/n?" His voice snaps me from my thoughts. That rough voice. I love his cockney accent. How the words just roll off his tongue. How my name rolls off his ton-

"y/n!"

"Ah! Sorry."

"Distracted?" Hobie leans his head from out the fridge, straightening back up to his full height. Deep brown eyes bore into mine, making my head fizz and my stomach flutter.

"Yeah." What I mean to say is, 'yeah, distracted by you and your perfect face'.

"I mean this in the nicest way possible but... What the 'ell is in ya fridge?"

I rise from my spot at the kitchen table, not leaving the fact that my knees shook a little unnoticed. OK, now you're just getting pathetic. Calm down, he ain't Jesus.

I will my legs to move, and they do, taking small steps towards him. As we grow closer, I can practically feel the tension between us heighten as his features come into focus. I get close enough to see each individual pore on his face, each smile line, dimple, beauty mark.

I tear my gaze away, afraid my eyes will melt in their sockets if I stare too long.

"Um, what do you mean?" I take my rightful place beside him, and that feeling in my gut rears its head again. Is it bad that I slot in with him so well?

Muscles relaxed, his arm slung around my shoulders. He towers over me, and I feel as if no matter how fast I grow, I could never catch up to him. Bare arm brushing mine, toned but slim nonetheless. My hairs rise to meet his touch. Stomach dropping to my feet, heart getting the sillies in my ribcage like an excited dog.

"Just look at it, babe. All containers."

"Oh." I guess he's right.

Clear containers stained yellow from spices line the top shelf of the fridge, each filled to the brim with different dishes, most on a bed of rice or other grains.

"My mum just cooks a lot and meal preps it. Doesn't like me eating sugary snacks and such on a regular basis." The soft smile that was once tugging at the corners of my mouth droops to a small frown at the thought of my Ma still cooking for me, even when I'm not here. Habit, I guess.

"Would ya like to bring some 'ome with us?" I meet his gaze. Hobie looks at me with a knowing look in his eyes, like a light caress to the heart, that says 'I get it'.

And I truly believe he gets it.

"That would be great."

~

"Hobie, I'm really fuckin' scared." My voice shakes, and I feel my chest start to close in. Heart thumping hard against my ribs, I clutch his bicep in terror, not even stopping for a second to acknowledge how muscled he is. Oops, technically I just did.

"I know, I know, sweetheart." He spins me around to face him, calloused palms rough on my cheeks as he grasps my face in his hands, forcing me to look at him. Seeing those beautiful eyes filled with sorrow only makes my lip wobble, my walls crashing down with a single stroke of a thumb to my cheek. "But I will be right 'ere."

While my brain screams for me not to trust him, to trust no one, my heart can't help but whisper to let him hold me in those strong arms. I yearn for the safety of him.

"Promise?"

One hand brushes a loose strand of hair from out my face, tucking it behind my ear. "Everything when it comes to you is a promise. Whatever meets us on the other side of the portal, we face together. You aren't alone."

I don't let myself wonder if he will really be there with me, through everything. Instead, I dip my head slightly in a nod, not letting those god-forsaken tears spill from my eyes.

"Good girl. Now, lets go."

Arms slung around his middle, head pressed to his chest, Hobie pulls me through the swirling gateway before us, his own arms bracing me for the worst.

My ears pop from the change of pressure, brain a muddled mass of liquid that threatens to spill from my ears. Arms feel wrong in their sockets. Fingers numb, face burning, burning, burning-

Then the screaming starts.

~

A/N:

yolo!

sorry for the cliffhanger (im really not)

but i AM sorry for the lack of updates. i have been really busy with uhhhhh

..things

and i wont disclose much information since it is highly confidential but it definitely DOES NOT have to do with the fact that my screen time on character.ai has doubled. DEFINITELY NOT.

*sweats profusely while dabbing forehead with handkerchief like a frazzled old person*

wondering if y'all think i should make a tiktok account purely for fan fic related things and such (character.ai, MW2, that kind of thing) i already have multiple personal tiktok accounts that i would use but i don't feel comfortable exposing my personal life to y'all just yet and i don't feel comfortable letting the ppl i know irl know that i'm a total nerddddd LOLLLLL
anyways
lmk if y'all think it's a good idea

ai, MW2, that kind of thing) i already have multiple personal tiktok accounts that i would use but i don't feel comfortable exposing my personal life to y'all just yet and i don't feel comfortable letting the ppl i know irl know that i'm a total n...