𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖲𝖨𝖷𝖳𝖤𝖤𝖭: 𝖨𝗍 𝖶𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝖶𝗈𝗋𝗄, 𝖨𝗍 𝖭𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖣𝗈𝖾𝗌

~

The sun starts to slip through the crack in my blinds, burning into the lids of my closed eyes.

"Mmmrrr." I grunt, flipping over to bury my face into my pillow.

"I know you're up, mija." The room floods with light. "Don't ignore me."

Slowly, I open one crusty eyelid, peeping at Mal. She had annoyingly opened my blinds, illuminating the rest of my room. Bringing a sleeve up to my face, I swipe away the sleep that had settled into the corners of my eyes during the night.

Huh? I don't recall buying this hoodie.

The realisation dawns on me. Oh.

In one swift motion, I tuck my sheets under my chin, obscuring the fact I'm wearing someone else's hoodie from my Ma.

It doesn't seem to work.

"I haven't seen you in that hoodie before, mija. Is it new? Though it is a bit big... Down to your knees!" She mumbles something under her breath about the style choices of teenagers, before continuing. "Anyway, I will let you sleep for a bit longer. Your jobs for today are clean the dishes after breakfast, and I will need you to go to the market this afternoon, I need some fresh vegetables. List is on the counter." And with that, she quietly shuffles from the room.

Fuck... That was close. I internally sigh, relieved. Good thing I have so many hoodies.

BANG!

My head automatically swivels to the sound, just in time to see a black and white being leap from my fire escape.

You're shitting me. Right now? Seriously?

Groaning, I get up, before quickly picking up a pair of shorts from the ground, then looping my utility belt around them. With not much time to get ready, all I manage to do is smooth my mussed hair a bit so I'm able to slip my mask over it.

That's the best I can do, I guess. Flipping the hood of my jumper over my head, I step through my window, ready for a fight.

Forgive me, jefa.

~

"Come on, man, you could have come here a bit later in the day. I was asleep!" I whine, flipping The Spot onto his back.

Groaning from the impact, he doesn't get a chance to reply, as something else gets his attention.

"There you are." A gruff voice behind me says. This day couldn't get any worse...

"What are you doing here?" I sigh, not bothering to turn to face him.

"Your attitude is shocking, you know that?"

Spot, noticing my distraction, takes advantage and pushes me from the rooftop.

I don't react right away, letting myself fall. Man, I need a cuppa right now.

Slinging a fluorescent web, I launch myself back to the roof top, beside the cranky old man.

"Miguel, answer the question. What are you doing here?"

He looks me up and down, taking in my outfit. "I assume you heard about what happened yesterday."

"He's just a kid, Miguel. You need to educate him, not berate." Is all I say before resuming the chase.

"What are you doing back in this universe, Igor? Weren't you planning multiverse domination?" I question, spinning a web net to catch him.

"I've had some... Setbacks."

"Wow, so mysterious."

He lands straight into the net, just as I had calculated.

"As much as I hate those god-forsaken webs, they sure are nice to look at." He squirms awkwardly in place, stuck.

"Right?" I stand a few metres away, perched on the ledge of a rooftop.

"Pity they aren't enough to stop me." His entire body sinks into a black hole, disappearing from my sight.

"Shit, where'd ya go, Marshall?" I call, frantically spinning around on the spot.

"Right here." He whispers from behind me, giving me a nudge. I topple from the ledge.

Spot gives me no time to react, teleporting to catch me around the throat.

I splutter in his grasp, as he presses my body hard into the bricks behind me.

"I am always one step ahead." He growls.

"When did you become so evil?" I squeak, unable to speak properly due to the lack of oxygen in my lungs.

Think, think!

A hand travels down to my belt, slipping out a small vial, which I throw at his feet.

"Wha-"

An explosion rings out, blowing him off me.

"Cow-lookin' motherfucker." I open a portal to Earth-928 directly beneath him, sucking him to Miguel's dimension.

His problem now!

I dust my hands off onto my shorts, not wanting to get the his hoodie any dirtier than it already was.

"You're good in action." I look up from the fire escape I had landed on, seeing Miguel looking down at me from the ledge I had been on minutes prior.

"Yeah, whatever." I murmur, swinging myself up to his perch.

His gaze comes back to Hobie's hoodie again.

"Yes, I know I'm dressed weirdly, I didn't have time to change out my pjs before this." Crossing my arms across my chest, I look down at the socks on my feet. "Whoops. Seems I forgot shoes, too."

"That's not yours." My eyes snap back to his face.

"Excuse me?"

"Don't even try, y/n."

"Try what, bro? Use your big boy words, instead of being so mysterious!" Growling, he shakes his head.

"It won't work. It never does." He says, gesturing to the hoodie. "You're from different dimensions. It's not meant to be. Find a nice boy here. Get married. Forget about him."

"I-" He gives me no chance to reply, stepping into the gateway I never noticed he had pulled up.

I stand there for god knows how long, staring at the place Miguel had been standing in.

I mull over his words. 'It won't work, it never does.'

Maybe...

Maybe he's right.

~

A/N:

couldnt have them movin too fast yk gotta make it a slowburn

just wanted to thank everyone again! i love waking up to all your nice comments in the morning, it definitely motivates me to keep writing!