𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖥𝖮𝖴𝖱: 𝖸𝗈𝗎'𝗋𝖾 𝖯𝗋𝖾𝗍𝗍𝗒 𝖲𝗂𝖼𝗄, 𝖳𝗈𝗈, 𝖲𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍

After a boring ass meeting about some guy called 'Miles', where I didn't say a thing, Gwen grabs my hand, trailing back towards the elevator.

"You don't know how excited I am to have another girl here,' She says, grinning at me. "There are only a few other I have actually talked to. I'm sure Spider-Byte will love you, too. Kick ass suit, by the way."

We step into the elevator as she continues talking about how cool the society is.

"Slow down, Gwendy. No one can take that much information at once."

I turn to the voice, my gaze meeting Hobie's.

Gwen shoots him a glare, earning a giggle from Pavitr.

"Anywayssss," I say, dragging out the 's', "What do you call yourselves? Not that I really like the concept of 'hero names'." 'Hero names' comes out a bit more sarcastically than I wanted.

Can't offend them on my first day, man.

Fortunately, a laugh slips from Gwen, making the other two snort.

"I'm Ghost-Spider." She gestures towards Pavitr and Hobie to respond, too.

"Just Spider-man, but to make it easier at HQ, sometimes people call me 'Spider-man, India'." Pavitr smiles in my direction, once again revealing those cutesie dimples. I smile back, before turning my gaze back to the pierced teenager in the corner. I cross my arms across my chest, resting them there.

"Ironic, I also don't believe in hero names. Too narcissistic. But, I have been called Spider-punk, so I've just stuck with that." He drawls, tucking his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

"How fitting." I remark, tilting my head slightly, a smirk lining my lips.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Hobie questions, keeping eye contact, a matching smirk on his face.

I open my mouth to reply, but get interrupted by the 'whoosh' of the elevator doors opening.

"After you, Your Highness." I growl at his sarcasm, stepping past his outreached arm, out into the main hall of the building.

Pavitr steps out next, dragging a chuckling Hobie with him. He slings an arm over my shoulders, mirroring the action on Hobie. Gwen comes up the rear, taking place on the other side of me.

"Now, now kids, no more bickering," He giggles, waggling his finger in Hobie's face. "We must get to the mission, or we will get put in time out by Mr. O'Hara."

Hobie wastes no time grabbing Pav's outstretched finger, mumbling "If you do that again, you wanker, I will bite it off."

Pav rips back his arm, letting it dangle back at his side. "Don't flirt with me, Hobes, be professional." He says, batting his eyelashes and clasping his hands together like he's a disney princess.

"That's it!" Slinging his guitar off his shoulder, the 5
6'2 male grabs a squealing Pavitr and tackles him to the ground, putting him in a headlock.

"STOOOOOP THAT TICKLESSSSS!" Pav giggles his ass off as Hobie tickles him with his free arm.

I lean into Gwen, who looks absolutely done with their shit.

"Are they always like this?"

"Sadly," she sighs, "I'm the only sane one here."

~

After eventually freeing Pavitr from the clutches of Hobie, we discuss the plan to track Spot in Earth-1610. Sitting in a circle formation on a pile of beanbags, I cross my legs, letting out a tired sigh.