𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖱𝖳𝖸-𝖳𝖶𝖮: 𝖸𝗈𝗎'𝖽 𝖫𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝖡𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖨𝗇 𝖭𝗈𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀

A/N: not very lucky for me but lucky for yall, im sick as dogs balls so enjoy a random chapter 

(also i have a temperature so i was really delirious last night so i thought i was in the war????? very scary tbh but it probably fresh in my mind because of all the COD videos ive had on my fyp lol)

~

Hobie POV:

"You can let go now, Squeezy McGee." She slips out of my grasp, stepping back a metre or so. "We have arrived."

"Imma case the joint. Stay here." I say, giving her arm a light squeeze before making my way to the glass entryway. 

 The store is practically empty, only 2 customers and a few workers mulling around. 

The bell tinkles again when I leave. "All clear. I'll be at the door." 

Her expression is utterly unreadable. "OK."

I watch as y/n enters the store, her shoulders instantly relaxing. 

Taking up guard at the door, I only half-watch the people passing by on the street, as my eyes keep catching on a particular pretty face. Keep it together man, you're supposed to be keeping watch. 

The bell chimes again as someone walks out. I catch a bit of conversation while the door starts to close, and I put my foot in the door to eavesdrop. 

"May I help with your decision?"

"Sorry?"

The sound of her voice turns my full attention. 

A guy around our age stands behind the counter, batting his eyelashes at y/n with a cheesy grin on his face. 

She mirrors his expression. 

"I mean would you like some help choosing what to order."

y/n inconspicuously shrugs back my jacket a bit as she steps closer to the front counter. "Oh! Sure thing. I'm a regular and have tried basically everything, so I never know what to order anymore."

"That means I will be seeing you around here often, then! I just started working here a few days ago. I'm Toby. Mig-wire. Oh, wait, I'm wearing a name tag." His face reflects frantic nervousness, cheeks lightly flushed in embarrassment. Don't blame him, its hard not to melt into a puddle when around her.

"Oh, its fine, I hadn't read it yet." She assures him. "I'm y/n."

"That's a beautiful name." 

"Oh, thank you."

I turn around completely, paying no mind to the street anymore.

Ah, I missed some of it. I'm just about ready to press my nose to the window like a kid at a candy store.

"Perfect! What about..." He looks down, focused on the screen. y/n watches his face, and I can tell she's deep in thought. What's running through that pretty head of yours?

"Dirty chai with cold foam?" 

"That sounds lovely."

Toby looks down to her jacket, then back to her face. "Is that uh... Two, or just the one?" Oh, you've got to be kidding me. 

y/n looks back to me, eyes meeting mine. I tilt my head, shaking it slightly to signal 'no'. 

She turns away before she can see it.

"Just the one."

Toby's eyes light up. Oh c'mon, just cause she only ordered one drink, doesn't mean she's on the market. 

A voice in the back of my mind interrupts my thoughts. 

Its not like you two are official or anything. You don't even know if she likes you.

By the time I've finished arguing with myself in my brain, she's gotten her drink and is approaching the door. 

~

Y/N POV:

"Here is your chai." Toby shoots me a friendly smile, before handing me a plastic cup of cold brew.

"Thanks. See you round, Mig-wire." I turn to leave. 

"Uh, when will I see you again?" 

I stop, turning back to face him. "Soon." Is all I give him before I step outside. 

"Hey."

"Hey! Um, what was 'at about?" Hobie hooks his arm through mine. 

"What was what about?"

"That guy. Was he flirtin' wit' ya?"

I scoff. "So what if he was?"

He shrugs. "Just didn't think you were into guys that look like cabbage patch dolls."

"Hobie!" I clutch his arm, trying not to choke on the sip of the drink I just took. I manage to swallow it before it can run out my nose. "Well, I'm not. More into pierced brits."

"Is that so?" He leans in to whisper into my ear. "You look good in my jacket, ya know."

"Psh, I look great in everything."

"You'd look better in nothing."

"Wanna test that theory?" I wink at him, before slipping from his grasp to throw out my now-empty cup. 

"More than anything, sweetheart."

~

A/N:

sorry its short i didnt really know what i was doing with it HAHA

anyways 

i am really craving a spider rn 

if you dont know what they are i think americans call them floats or smth