𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖭𝖨𝖭𝖤𝖳𝖤𝖤𝖭: 𝖬𝗒 𝖯𝗈𝗈𝗄𝗂𝖾 𝖲𝗎𝗇𝗌𝗁𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝖭𝗎𝗀𝗀𝖾𝗍

A/N: sorry for the lack of posting this week, i have been out of service and did not have my laptop. i will try get a few chapters out before school starts up again xx

~

Oh my god.

A few cars start to pass by me, blocking me from his line of sight.

I use this to my advantage, shoving the baby's breath into the bag of veggies before sprinting down the street, narrowly missing a few slow-walking pedestrians.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry!" I murmur over and over, as I shoulder through the bustling street. With the sun now high in the sky, New York was in full swing, with families and young couples out and about for brunch.

Fuck this, I gotta start swinging. I internally groan.

I duck into an alleyway, pulling my mask messily over my head. Tying the straps of the bag closed, I use a carabiner that was already on my belt to clip the bag onto one of the belt loops of my jeans. As I poke my head out into the street, I see 5 men about half a block away, heading towards me. Hurry up, y/n.

Thwip!

I successfully launch to the skies, as the Men in Black wannabes fade into little black dots.

With my apartment just around the corner, I realise how bad of an idea this was.

Dumb bitch, why the hell would you lead them right to where you live? I groan. No going back now, though.

I land hard onto my wire fire escape with a thunk. Ripping open the window, I topple through the gap, rushing to the kitchen.

"Mal? Mal, are you here?" I practically scream, as I rip the mask off my head and tuck it into my pocket. No response.

"FUCK! What do I do?! Who even were those guys? Why are they looking for me? Do they know I'm Lynx? Are they Miguel's men?" I wonder aloud, unlatching the bag from my pants and putting it on the counter.

And most importantly, what do I do from here?

~

Hobie POV:

"How do you make it up to a girl?"

Pavitr shrugs, kicking his feet up onto the coffee table. "I don't know. Gayatri and I never really fight."

"Stop flexing ya perfect relationship on me, you ass!" Head in my hands, I groan, massaging my temples. The headache had sprung back to life after the whole fiasco this morning.

"I thought you wanted my help!" Pav says, slapping me on the back with one hand. "Is that not why you invited me over?"

"I mean, yeah. All my other friends are no help."

After absolutely biffing my attempt at inviting her to hang out, I had gone back home and called up Pav, hoping he would have some advice.

"Poor Hobes." He teases, jutting out his bottom lip in an overexaggerated pout.

"If ya just gonna be a wanker, bugger off. This is serious, man. I don't want to fuck this up."

"Its not like you to get hung up over a girl." He points out, leaning back against the armrest of the lounge. "What's up with that?"

"That's the thing, Pav. I don't know. Normally I just fuck around with someone for a while, no strings attached. This feels... Different, in a way. More delicate, ya know?"

"You really like her, huh?"

"Wha-"

"Yes, I know you 'don't do crushes'," Pavitr mocks, making air quotes. "But as you said; she's different."