Prologue

Prologue....

"Congratulations, Ms. Faye Reagan Montenegro, for being the youngest CEO of Leonna Fashion Incorporation. At the age of twenty-two, you've been become a CEO, and it is not a hindrance because we all know that you perform well," Ms. Monteverde announced with a beaming smile, prompting a round of applause from the board members.

"Oh, by the way, someone has purchased Mr. Fajardo's shares, and that is Mr. Royale," one of the board members interjected, causing a stir of curiosity among the attendees.

“So, where he is? Kauna-unahang araw niya ngayon dapat hindi siya late.” I grumbled with a touch of irritation, crossing my legs.

“Sorry for being late Ms. Montenegro,” wika ng isang kapapasok na lalaki. Halos nanindig ang buong balahibo ko sa lamig ng kaniyang boses.

“Your here Mr. Royale. Bakit ka na-late. I told you before that she is Ms. Montenegro—.”

"You don't need to explain, Mr. Fortes. He also knows me from before," I interrupted with a smile, glancing back at my laptop. However, I paused when he uttered a question that caught me off guard.

"Sorry, Ms. Montenegro. Kilala mo 'ko?" he asked, leaving me slightly taken aback. I was stunned for a minutes but I managed to smile a bit.

Ilang taon na akong ganito. I called some of people with his name. But, he is not. It is fvcking killing my system.

“Sorry, I thought you are him,” kagat labi kong wika. Hindi naman nakatakas sa 'kin ang mapanuri niyang mata habang nakatingin sa 'kin.

“Akala ko kasi ikaw siya.” I chuckled.

My eyes remained fixed on the laptop screen, attempting to bury myself in the work at hand. However, the echoes of his presence lingered in my mind, like an unresolved melody refusing to fade away.

"Why is she acting weird?" Jansen whisper. I bit my lip, trying to conceal the turmoil within. He wasn't Mr. Daniega, anymore. Their resemblance was just another cruel trick of fate, a painful reminder of what once was happened.

As I continued my work, a flood of memories overwhelmed me. His touch, his hugs, his kisses – they were etched in my systems. Despite the hardships, his presence still haunted me.

Bakit ba ako nagkakaganito? It is because I miss him?

I questioned myself, the answer lingering in the silence of the room. The ache in my heart was still. The wound of my heart that going to heal was open again.

Kailan ko ba matatanggap na wala na siya?

I whispered, as if seeking solace from the walls around me. The weight of longing persisted, leaving me entangled in the past.

The reminiscence of our shared memories enveloped me again, and for a moment, I allowed myself to drown again in nostalgia.

And the reminisced of the past was played in my mind like a movie......

CHAPTER 1 WILL BE THE NEXT....

SHARED THIS STORY, SO, ATLEAST YOU CAN SUPPORT ME A LITTLE BIT...