Chapter 26: After Math

FG-----------------------------------

Its funny to think that there are people older than me reading this, I'm actually 14! 5 months till my birthday <3

---------------------------------

The rest of the matches panned out the same as I looked at the eight people next to me. I stood wearily as the gist of the final part of the exams were explained. Me- in my dazed blankness just accepted the flood of information as I struggled to maintain good posture. I felt Kakashi's eye dig into my back from up on the balcony.

'Jeez this old mans voice is so boring'  Inner blathered in annoyance. I rolled my eyes at her attitude and glanced over at Shikamaru, the brunette blinking lazily before turning his eyes to me. I offered him a sharp toothy smile and winked, first the boy marvelled at my new smile before a small minuscule smile made its way to his face.

'Yes I know he's attractive but girl.... focus somewhat.'  Inner face palmed.

I snapped my eyes to Anko as she walked forward to the sound ninja with a box, one by one we all picked a number out of the box and opened it up. 8, my lucky number, it must be a sign. I pursed my lips in thought, trying to remember who had gotten 8.

"Great now everyone has one, going left to right read the number that's written on your paper" Ibiki's voice cut through my thoughts like a knife.

"Of course I got number one" Naruto spoke. One by one everyone called out their number, the line ended with me calling out my number.

"I got lucky numero eight" I waved my paper in the air as I held back a yawn. Then Ibiki's paper was flipped revealing how the matches would go. I  would be fighting against Shikamaru to fight Temari. Shit.

'Shit is right'

-----------------------------

I trudged my way through the halls of the building, following the fuzzy sunshine boy. I was going to be fighting Shikamaru- was all I could think.

"AND THEN HE WAS ALL LIKE SMUG N STUFF-"

"Listen Naruto I'm pretty tired and hungry... and stinky. Tired, hungry and stinky. I can shunshin you to your place." I pinched the bridge of my nose and wiped my face with my palm. The boy's eyes appeared downcast before brightening once again accompanied by a smile that would rival the sun.

"Yeah- right, Sorry Sakura-Chan" He giggled and scratched the back of his head, simultaneously kicking a small pebble on the ground. I noticed his facade and stuck my tongue out at him in a joking manner.

"I'm joking you're coming with me"

The boy's smile grew genuine and his eyes shined like the stars, his hands forming fists at his sides as he jumped with excitement.

"You mean I get to come to your house?? Like a sleepover?" He grinned.

"Sure, I mean there's a bunch of spare bedrooms and I could probably make a quick meal or something" I yawned and scrunched my eyes in contemplation before turning to the boy. I shrugged and hoisted the blonde over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes, he struggled and flailed about which made it difficult to balance.

"I'm trying to take you to my place Geez, just chill out Naruto '' I huffed before shunshining to my house, I thus dropped the boy off my shoulder and patted his head before taking my shoes off at the door and changing into slippers.

"There's an extra pair there for you" I gestured to the black cat slippers.

"WOAH, Your house is huge Sakura-Chan!" The boy marvelled at the moderate family home, I shrugged my shoulders and made my way through my home to the kitchen.