Chapter 10: Heliotrope

—--------------

RECAP

...............

Sasuke abruptly stood up to attack Kakashi, one hand reaching into his Kunai pouch.

The cloud of dust Sasuke kicked up limited our vision of what was happening, However the dust cloud cleared up quickly and what I saw didn't shock me.

—-------------

Kakashi had grabbed Sasuke's arm and twisted it so the Kunai was now pointed at Sasuke's head, The man's foot was on top of the ravenettes head. Sasuke was visibly angry, He was like a petty prince.

"Sakura was the only one who realised that teamwork was the key and even after she explained everything to you two, you refused to join together.. Naruto, you do everything on your own, everything. Sasuke thought the others were so beneath, you thought they were worthless... Arrogance" Kakashi's eyes narrowed, His tone so bitter it almost sounded like he could spit venom near the end.

Kakashi pulled Sasuke's arm farther behind his back, Sasuke winced, I held back the giggles.

"Ninja missions are carried out in squads of course you need individual skills, but teamwork is the most essential element, every shinobi understands this. When individuals put themselves above the squad this can lead to failure and death. For example, Sakura, Kill Naruto now or Sasuke dies." Kakashi produced a kunai and held it against Sasuke's neck.

I merely blinked, a small smirk forming on my face, seeing Sasuke in such a miserable state was almost too good to be true.

"That's what happens on a mission" The silver-haired man finished, He moved the kunai away from Sasuke's neck and spun it on his finger.

"The enemy takes a hostage and you've got an impossible choice and someone ends up dead." Kakashi stood up from the raven haired boy and walked away from him.

"On every mission your life's on the line..... Did you look at this stone, The names engraved on it. They are all ninja who are honoured as heroes in our village" Kakashi stopped in front of the stone, His hands tucked into his pockets, His shoulders slightly relaxed.

"That's it, That's it, That's it! I've decided I'm gonna have my name engraved on that stone! I'm not gonna live and die for something like a dog, I'm gonna be a hero, a hero!" Naruto exclaimed, A big smile on his face, I walked to stand next to Kakashi. I caressed two of the names on the stone with my fingers.

"Naruto... These heroes were K.I.A.... They're dead" I explained.

Kakashi explained how his closest friends' names were on the stone, I noticed how he clenched his left fist slightly. It was the arm he killed Rin with...

He then told us he would give us a second chance and to eat to regain our strength, his only rule... was to not feed Naruto.

However I immediately broke that rule, right in front of him. I made sure to keep eye contact as I opened the bento and forced it down Naruto's throat before Kakashi had the chance to leave. While Naruto was choking on the chopsticks, Suddenly Kakashi released an aura I've only ever seen on TV. I couldn't sense any Genjutsu and there weren't any odd bursts or discrepancies in his chakra flow. It was like Gai and Lee. I Told Kakashi that we were a team as soon as we were assigned, to my relief Naruto and Sasuke agreed. Kakashi released the aura and went a full 180, Telling us that we passed.

"In the ninja world those who break the rules are scum, that is true but, Those who abandon their friends and comrades are worse than scum" Kakashi looked up to the now clear sky as he spoke the last few words.

Tears welled up in Naruto's eyes, he was brought to tears by a simple sentence.

Finally our test was over and we emerged well... somewhat victorious, It would've panned out better if I just kept my mouth shut.

I cut the ropes off of Naruto and watched as the blonde left with the Uchiha, both arguing about who was a better ninja.

I was about to follow when I felt a hand on my shoulder, I exhaled and turned my head to see Kakashi with his book. I raised an eyebrow and he gestured to one of the stumps.

"About your seal, It was quite advanced for a Genin fresh out of the academy Sakura-Chan" Kakashi started, He flipped a page before looking up at me.

"Care to tell me where you learned it? I would love to hear about your other techniques" It wasn't a question.

I merely smiled "One should never reveal their cards, Ne?"

Kakashi blinked, his stare made the silence almost unbearingly uncomfortable, my hands were sweating as I kept them balled up on my lap.

"I taught myself using the books in the Library, I also have an affinity for Chakra Control and Seals. I am mainly a paper ninja but I am still learning as a Genin, I will improve over time. The seal I used on you was something I worked on for a bit, I've only ever tested it on small bugs and animals. Sorry for using you as a guinea pig of sorts Sensei?" I returned sheepishly, I scratched the back of my neck with a small grin on my face.

Kakashi scratched his head. I wasn't quite sure what he was thinking or his emotion but he seemed somewhat pleased. I mean a Genin with sealing abilities was rare.

"You are stronger than the others by far, That seal wouldn't break even with me using my full strength, if you want we could test it out some more..?" He trailed off.

My grin spread across my face, Testing without consequences would be nice, especially when those types of tests cost money...

"Could you help me with my ninjutsu?" I asked sheepishly, I wanted to learn as much as I possibly could from Kakashi before the Chunin exams. Kakashi's arm reached to ruffle my pink hair, I grimaced and swatted his hand away.

I waved goodbye and left the training grounds in a hurry. I had told Shika I would meet him at our spot at 1:30 and I didn't want to be late.

A large smile spread across my face when my eyes met deep brown orbs, I laid down next to the lazy pineapple, The fresh grass tickled my cheeks. I exhaled the breath I didn't know I was holding, The wordless conversation lulled me to sleep under the warm midday sun.

-------------------

("0'v"0')/ 

Hey bumblebee's!

I am in desperate need of fanart!

Thanks for supporting me!

-------------------