Chapter 9: Pass or Fail: Survival test

My alarm clock woke me up at 8:00, I was drowsy but it wasn't too big of a problem.

My feet walked me through my routine, I was up all night creating a new seal. I had made a prototype a week prior but I figured it would come in handy during our 'survival exercise'.

It was a series of seals I put on my Kunai, they were hidden under the handle wrappings. Kakashi wouldn't be suspicious if a 'fragile little civilian girl' missed her target. All I needed was three Kunai, the triangle was one of the strongest shapes.

The only time I would need to use 6 sealed Kunai would be for an extremely strong foe, such as someone on par with a Jinchuriki or Tailed beast itself.

I tugged on my hair, the long pink strands ended near my wrists, I kept my hair long for 2 reasons. The first reason being that long hair would add to my 'fragile little civilian girl' act, The second reason being that I could whip people with it like Jiraiya.

I however had a fail-safe, It took an extremely long time and a lot of concentration. The seal would activate if someone other than me pulled or held onto my ponytail. If an enemy pulled my hair it would poison them with the same strength as botulinum toxin. However it had no cure as it was made from my seals work, technically a poison from out of this world.

I finished off my outfit with the kunai pouch which I strapped to my right thigh. The feeling of the metal against my leg comforted me in a certain way.

Pulling out the meal I made the night prior I left the house munching happily on my breakfast.

It was only 8:30 and I was sure Kakashi and the others would be waiting for me. I couldn't help but smile, how the tables have turned.

—----------

"Hey Sakura-Chan, what took you so long huh?!" Naruto jumped up and down, Kakashi next to him narrowed his eyes.

"Maa Sakura, It is inappropriate for a Shinobi to be late. If you will not take this seriously I suggest you go back to the academy" I was appalled, How could a man like Kakashi speak in such a way to me?

"HEY, YOU WERE-"

"Well well well, look who's talking Kakashi, If you are going to spew such shit, I suggest you follow them yourself ne?'" I grinned maliciously at him, Kakashi pasted that fake eye crinkle smile on his face.

"Maa, I guess you got me there Sakura" Kakashi scratched the back of his head.

The man headed to a clock that rested on a nearby stump, He pressed the button at the top which started the timer.

"Okay, It's set for 12:00, Today's assignment is to take these bells away from me by noon" Kakashi pulled out a pair of bells connected by a string. He held them up for us to see, the bells chiming as they bounced off each other.

"Those who can't do it won't get lunch, They'll be tied to that.." The man pointed at the stump with the clock on it.

"And I'll eat my lunch before your very eyes" He finished, the gleam in his eyes told me that he was rather amused.

Naruto groaned and gripped his stomach as a loud growl escaped from him, Sasuke had a pained look on his face. I smiled, I had eaten my breakfast despite the suggestion from Kakashi. 

"Humm.... There are only two bells, and since you said it's a secondary test to weed out the weak I am guessing one of us would go back to the academy, But due to the fact that teams must consist of three people or more in some cases...... This is a test of our teamwork. However you never considered that anyone would ever figure this out, Isn't that right Kakashi-Sensei?" I was risking a lot by saying this, but a part of me wanted to prove my worth to the team, to show I'm not the dead weight.