Chapter 11: Mission to Waves

We had just come back from a mission, capturing Tora the cat seemed to be a mission that would appear every other day. Naruto had the cat trapped in his arms, His arms in question were covered in angry scratches that would heal in a matter of minutes. The blonde was rightfully angry, that cat was his 'mortal enemy', A master of escape who slipped through his fingers every time.

The Hokage congratulated us on our work for capturing Tora. The woman who commissioned the leaf was Madam Shijimi, The wife of the Daimyo. When she was reunited with her 'baby' she scooped him up and squeezed the life out of that damn cat.

I couldn't help but giggle as the cat fought to escape the overly emotional woman's arms, Kakashi elbowed me in the ribs, signalling me to stop, however I could tell even he was trying to reign in his laughter. Madam Shijimi left the room, Tora's yowls and hisses echoing through the hallways.

Hiruzen then opened his mission scroll, searching for the next D-rank missions we could do.

"The available D-ranks include: Babysitting the chief Counseller's three-year-old, weeding a garden, Painting fences-"

"NOPE" Naruto calls out, interrupting the Hokage. The old man raised an eyebrow, waiting to hear what the blonde had to say.

"Come on old man, I want a real mission not some boring D-ranks! I wanna go do something and fight some bad guys or something!" The blonde boy waved his arms around excitedly.

Iruka interrupts telling Naruto that he must start with D-ranks because he is only a genin. I ended up tuning out what they were saying and focused on my Kunai pouch, which was not properly situated on my thigh. I paid attention when the Third started speaking, He goes on to explain that with a higher-ranked mission comes higher difficulty and greater risk to the Ninja.

"I'm a ninja now old man, That means I wanna be treated like one!" Naruto exclaimed, Hiruzen smiled in amusement and gave us a C-rank escort mission to Waves. I let a smile spread on my face and smacked the back of the blonde's head for his lack of respect in front of the Hokage. Sasuke had a triumphant smirk on his face and I couldn't wait for it to be smacked off during our time in waves.

Kakashi walked forward to grab the mission scroll from Iruka when the door opened to reveal the man we were going to escort; Tazuna. The older man looked dishevelled and was holding a bottle of Sake in his right hand. He seemed disappointed with who accepted the mission.

"What a bunch of little snot-nosed kids" The man slurred slightly, He lifted his arm to take a long swig from his bottle. Leaning against the door frame he narrowed his eyes at Naruto, no doubt trying to focus.

"And you, The little one with the idiotic look on your face. You really expect me to believe you're a ninja?"

Naruto bursted out in laughter, He looked around to see who Tazuna was talking about but when he realised that Sasgay and I were taller he jumped, trying to attack Tazuna.

I grabbed both of Naruto's arms and held them behind his back, Holding him back from the older man.

"I'll demolish you! Let me goooo!" He yelled, all I could do was shake my head and apologise to the drunkard. The man in question was taking another swig from his Sake bottle.

"I am Tazuna, a master bridge builder and I must return to my country, I am building a bridge there that will change our world and I expect you to get me there safely, even if it means giving up your own life" Tazuna seemingly sobered up within seconds, It must be some magic anime power.

We left the building with the bridge builder, Kakashi gave us ten minutes to pack and get ready before we set off for the land of Waves.

I opened up one of my scrolls and sealed five pairs of clean clothes, Non perishable food Items (and Shinobi rations), Medical supplies and basic hygiene items.

I fit a few more scrolls in my ninja pack and Shunshined to Shikamaru's house, leaving a note on his shoji table.

I left quickly to the village gates, when I arrived Naruto and Sasuke were just coming into view. Kakashi was silent, engrossed in his vile book, If I could even call it a book.

"Whatever Teme, I am a better ninja than you" I shook my head with a small smile, Their bickering was something that kept me grounded at times.

—-------

Time skip: 40 minutes

—------

We had finally reached the area where the 'Demon brothers' would attack from the puddle, I ran ahead to squat near the puddle and looked at my reflection, adjusting my bangs which had now ground past my chin. I was in need of a haircut anyways, I took a Kunai out of my pouch and cut, fluffed and trimmed them until I was satisfied.

"What are you doing Sakura-Chan?" Naruto questioned from behind.

I teased the bangs until they were fluffed out enough, with a quick motion I stabbed the puddle of water twice, watching as the water turned red and transformed into the demon brothers, Naruto screamed as Meizu glanced at his brothers body before jumping up to attack me with his gauntlet, however he couldn't reach me due to the weight of Gozu. With a quick simple slash of my weapon I sliced his throat, He fell down and clutched his throat with his free hand.

"SAKURA YOU KILLED HIM" Naruto screeched, stumbling to get away from the bodies and blood splatter.

Kakashi had shunshined too late to defeat the brothers himself, His shoulders slumped and put a hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner. I turned to him with a smile on my face, I didn't feel bad killing them, they were going to attack first. If I didn't kill them now they could've killed me anyways with the poison on their clawed gauntlet.

Tazuna looked like he saw a ghost when he saw the demon brothers, he couldn't hide it now.

Sasuke was trembling, his eyes flickering between the bodies and me. I used Gozu's coat to clean off my bloodied knife, when I saw something bulging from one of the coat pockets.

I reached my hand to grab the item and it was revealed to be a bag of money, They sure were stupid to bring money with them. I took the small bag and threw it in my bag, Kakashi never said I couldn't rob a dead body. I searched both of the bodies for items while Kakashi was talking with the bridge builder, concerning the C-Rank shinobi who were planning an attack.

—------------

Heheh

Waves arc finally heheh

—------------