Chapter 6: Troublesome

—---------

Sorry not sorry for the time skip, I don't want the story to get boring or stay at the academy arc

—---------

Finally it was a week before we became Genin and I was way beyond prepared, I had to be ready for the Chunin exams and this was going to be easy.

I had been training for 5 years, and that gruelling training had definitely paid off.

I am as fast as Lee now and my Taijutsu has levelled up by far. Gai-Sensei sure has taught me a lot and I have gotten used to his and Lee's antics. It made me sad that I couldn't be on their team but it would all work out.

I was surprised that no one commented on the tattoo-like seal on the side of my neck. It was a silhouette of a barn swallow, it was small but large enough for someone to comment on.

It was my 'chakra bank' I had hidden my 'Chakra stocks' seal behind my ear.

I elbowed Shikamaru

"Psssssst"

No response

"PSSSSSST" I jabbed him in the ribs

No response

"I'm planting Icha Icha in your room for Yoshino-San to find" I giggled under my breath.

Shikamaru shot up in his seat and snapped his head to look at me.

"You wouldn't dare" He whispered back, He relaxed his shoulders and rested his head on the desk.

I grinned at him, oh yes I would dare.

"That's not the point though, I was trying to treat you and Choji to lunch tomorrow" I smiled when Choji whipped his head over to face me.

"Sakura, did you say lunch!" He grinned.

"Heh, All you can eat" I replied.

Needless to say we went out for lunch, today was a half day and I had nothing else to do.

Choji and most of the Akamichi clan has been banned from most All you can eat restaurants but a new one opened up not too long ago.

The restaurant was rather nice, It had a classic look to it.

Each table had Shoji screens to separate them and clean tatami mats to sit. There was an option of cushions but there was no need, Choji would suck this place dry before our asses started to get sore

The food was not as pleasing as the restaurant's interior but it was gone soon enough, and our group was banned from yet another all you can eat restaurant.

"Well, I gotta go guys, My mum will be angry at me if I'm late. Seeya!" Choji waved us off and left for his place.

Shikamaru always walked me home after an outing, but seeing as it was only 1:00 it would be fine to take a detour to the lands that his clan owns.

The land was beautiful, There were forested areas and rocky areas, the scenery seemed to change with each turn you took.

Our spot was near a calming waterfall and a forest, the clearing was a nice spot to lay down and watch the clouds.

I laid my head on his stomach, he was a rather comfortable pillow. Shika never protested and it had ended up becoming a ritual.

I watched the clouds with him in silence, sometimes pointing out clouds that looked like something.

Shikamaru had fallen asleep an hour ago but I would still point out all the clouds. I felt content at this moment. This was our little corner of the world.

I heard a crack of branches coming from behind us, I sat up and turned my head.

A fawn seemingly strayed from the herd, the creature was so small and curious. I slowly turned and twisted my body to crouch, I stuck my hand out for the fawn to sniff it. The feeling of its cold nose on my hand made me giggle, I moved my hand to pet its soft fur but it bolted.

"Always let it come to you, that's how you got it to come close to you"

I sighed and lied on my stomach, I rested my head on my hand and blinked at him.

"I'm waaaay too impatient for that" I smiled.

Shikamaru sat up and stretched, I missed the small smile on his face.

"Troublesome"

It was around 5:00 pm, I had to be home to eat before going off to train with Gai-sensei. He told me we would train until I was assigned to a team, I knew I was going to be in Team 7 and I wasn't exactly happy about it. I didn't want to be in a team of powerhouses, people will look at me as the weak character that the rest of the team has to carry.

I turned to Shikamaru.

"Thank you for walking me home Shika-kun" with that I kissed him on the cheek and walked up the stairs to my house. The blush covering his face and ears made me smile.

"See you tomorrow" I entered my home I needed to get ready for the intense training that awaited me.

"Troublesome woman" I heard before the door clicked behind me, The small smile on his face was worth it.

I ended up eating Udon for dinner. There were leftovers from yesterday. It was soggy and kind of gross but I was too lazy to actually cook anything.

Tying my hair into a ponytail I inspected my athletic wear, A pair of shorts and a tank top were good enough. I had ended up buying new shinobi sandals with insoles that never got worn down (seals)

I planned on buying new shinobi gear tomorrow as it was a day off.

(skip)

I wiped the sweat off my brow panting, I had a stupid grin on my face as I laughed at Gai and Lee's antics. I have never been pushed this far in our training, I was addicted to the fire feeling in my arms and legs after an intense routine.

5 laps around Konoha with 90 lb weights on my ankles and wrists was normal, but this time Gai-sensei gave me 100 lb weights, I had been working on 90 pounds for so long. It felt normal while moving, I had even gotten to match Lee's speed. However at 100 lbs I was tiring quicker than normal.

"Yosh! The fire of youth burns bright in both of you!" Gai-Sensei praised us after every 'class'

I took a dramatic stance and mimicked Gai.

"You too are very youthful Gai-Sensei!" we all burst out laughing, my impression was horrible.

Lee had ended up walking me home, I thanked him and wished him goodnight.