Green Apples Gone Wrong

On the next day, in the afternoon, İplikçi went to their first check-up appointment with doctor Sema, for their second child. Both parents were happy that their children's age gap would not be big and they would be able to grow up together. Everything with the baby was more than perfect and it was doing very well in its mom's womb.

Later, in the evening, Defne and Ömer visited Topal in order to share the great news for their second baby. Everyone congratulated the young family and were happy for them.

Around 10:30 PM they returned home and lied down in their bed, cuddling sweetly under the covers.

"You are beautiful!" Ömer said to Defne

"Thank you!" Defne replied to her husband

"But not as usual." Ömer added

"Am I more beautiful?" she asked him

"No." he answered

"Am I uglier?" she asked in surprise

"And this not..." he answered

Defne was puzzled, and Ömer went on talking "You are always the most beautiful to me. There is no way you can be uglier now, nor it is possible for you to be more beautiful than yourself."

Defne smiled, but still wondered what her dear husband meant.

"Then why did you say I was not as beautiful as usual?" she asked him

Defne looked sullen. Ömer also smiled, showing satisfaction that she did not understand what he was thinking about. He liked to confuse her. He was having fun or just pretending to be smart. And Defne asked her question again "How am I so beautiful, then I am not, and then I am the most beautiful?"

"You are not as beautiful as usual..." Ömer began to say

"We already understood this, there is no need to repeat it." Defne hurried to interrupt him, but he covered her mouth with his hand

"Let me finish..." Ömer said "Not as usual. You are as beautiful as always."

Defne punched him in the stomach and pushed his hand away.

"What is the difference?" she asked him

Ömer lay on his back, next to her, looked at her with a kind expression, grabbed her by the waist with both hands and rolled her on top of himself.

"There is nothing ordinary in you." Ömer whispered to his wife "In your thousands of different visions and roles which you incarnate every day in. Once you are a beautiful angel who makes me dinner and touches me gently. A little later I make you angry and you already are the beautiful witch who curses the day she met me. When you are over this, you come and lie down next to me. You shrink humbly in my arms without saying a word. You use all the tricks of a beautiful geisha to seduce me and feel the warmth of my body again. This is why you are beautiful. But not as usual, but as always - unusual."

Defne looked down at her husband. In the eyes of both of them there was only real and pure love. She stared at him for a while and then dove in for a kiss. It was not a passionate kiss, but it still was full of so much love and tenderness.

"You also are a very handsome man to me." Defne replied "The most handsome and loving man in this world."

Ömer smiled at her and hugged her as tight as possible. Minutes later they both fell asleep peacefully.

Two days later Defne and Ömer were preparing to go out for dinner with Signor Biaggini and his wife who had gone to Turkey for a while.

Ömer was waiting for his wife. She appeared, wearing that black dress which was a gift from Ömer quite a long time ago, while she still was his assistant. Ömer İplikçi was once again left with his mouth open and staring at her. He said another doze of compliments to his wife and then the two went out. When they arrived at the restaurant, Sinan and Seda were already there, waiting for Biaggini and his wife.