Freedom

Another month passed and little Emine İplikçi had enlarged her mommy's belly a little bit more. The first-born daughter of Ömer and Defne İplikçi was going to come to this world soon. Because of this fact, the future parents had started to get the nursery ready soon.

Friday. İplikçi were supposed to be at work, but they both had taken a day off work, so that they could choose at least half of the things for the room of their soon-to-be-born daughter. They first went into a furniture shop where they chose the perfect crib for their baby and some other things like a cupboard with drawers for the clothes and a table where they could change her diapers.

In the evening Defne and Ömer decided to surprise Topal with a visit for dinner. Seeing them in front of the door, Grandmother Türkan exclaimed "My beautiful girl! Hoş geldin!"

"Hoş bulduk, anneanne!" Defne replied, hugging her grandmother

"Why did you not inform me that you would be coming?" the old lady asked

"We wanted to surprise you." Defne answered

"This is good." Aunt Türkan replied "But, please, let me know next time."

"We promise to let you know next time, Türkan teyze!" Ömer replied, kissing the wrinkled hand of Aunt Türkan

They entered the house, took their shoes off and headed to the living room, where the others were sitting.

"İyi akşamlar!" Defne and Ömer said in one voice

"İyi akşamlar!" the others replied

Noticing Ayşegül sitting on the sofa, Defne exclaimed "Ayşegül, hi! How are you?"

"I am fine, Defne, thanks!" Ayşegül answered

"Nice to meet you!" Ömer said to Ayşegül, shaking hands with her "I am Ömer, Defne's husband."

"Nice to meet you, too, Ömer!" she replied

Ayşegül said she was fine, but in her eyes Defne could see some fear. She looked at Nihan who was sitting on the sofa, next to her. It looked like the two bestfriends understood each other only with looks.

As everybody was sitting at the coffee table and talking, suddenly a loud bang on the front door was heard, accompanied with a loud shouting "AYŞEGÜÜÜL!"

"AYŞEGÜL, STOP HIDING AT OUR NEIGHBOURS' AND COME HOME! IMMEDIATELY!"

Hearing that voice, Ayşegül trembled.

"Oh, no..." she exclaimed

Fear could be heard in the gentle voice of hers.

"What is wrong, Ayşegül?" Defne asked

"Cevdet is here..." the young lady answered "And he is probably angry..."

"Is that your husband?" Ömer asked

"Yeah..." she answered

"Do not worry!" Defne told Ayşegül "We will not allow him harm you. You have our protection."

"I will go send him away." Serdar said and then stood up and went to the door

"I am sorry to ask you this, but how long has he been treating you badly?" Ömer asked Ayşegül

"It began somewhere one year after I gave birth to Ragıp." she answered "He changed so much with the time."

"Kızım, it is high time you divorced him!" Nihan said "You have to know your rights! Nobody has the right to harm you like that!"