Lovers' Day

Around one month later Defne and Ömer visited doctor Sema for a check-up on Defne's pregnancy and the life that was growing inside of her. Ömer wanted to attend every single check-up, so he again was there. Having the love of his life carry and grow their first child was one of the best things he could ever experience. The little bead was growing healthy inside its mother's womb and making both mommy and daddy happy.

After the check-up the future parents went to work. Reaching her floor, Defne gave Ömer a quick kiss on the lips, wishing him a successful work, and left the elevator booth.

But, when the door of the elevator closed behind Defne, Ömer did not go upstairs in Passionis. Instead, he went back outside. He quickly got in his car and went to a very big and beautiful jewelry store. There he looked at the necklaces until he found what he was looking for. A necklace that was tender and at the same time beautiful and passionate, just like Defne herself. The chain was made out of white gold, and there was a big, oval-shaped, orange-coloured fire opal in the middle, surrounded by four circle-shaped white diamonds, two of each were on each side of the opal - two diamonds on the left and two on the right. Ömer bought it, the gentleman in the store put it in its box and then Ömer put it in a gift bag, along with a tiny card.

Then Ömer left the jewelry and went back to work. There he signed some important documents that needed to be signed and dove into drawing more shoes for the upcoming collection.

At noon he went downstairs, picked Defne up and they went out for lunch. Ömer made sure Defne never remained hungry, especially now when she needs more strength and was carrying life inside of herself.

"Where do you want us to go tonight?" Ömer asked Defne

"I do not know." Defne answered "Wherever it is, it does not matter to me, as long as I am with you."

"Leave it to me, then." Ömer replied to his fiancé and kissed her

"What is on your mind again?" Defne asked

"You will see tonight." he answered and kissed her again

In the evening, Ömer was in the living room, waiting for Defne to get ready.

While Defne was in the shower, Ömer sneaked in the bedroom and put a small gift bag with the necklace and a small card inside of it onto the dressing table, in front of the mirror, and then he quickly left the bedroom. He stepped outside the room and stopped at the threshold, leaning against the doors frame.

When Defne exited the bathroom, she went straight to the dressing table, to do her skin care. She was not going to put so much make-up. Just a little bit of concealer and lip gloss were going to be enough.

In front of the tables mirror, she noticed a small orange-coloured gift bag. She looked inside of it and saw a small jewelry box and a small card. She took the box out, opened it and saw a necklace made with white gold chain, four small, round diamonds and one oval-shaped fire opal between the diamonds.

She then took the card, opened it and read:
"A necklace with a fire opal and diamonds for my fiery fairy that shines the brightest

- Ömer"

Defne smiled at the text written.

Ömer was watching her from the threshold, smiling at the view in front of himself. He then quietly entered the bedroom and gently said "Let me put it on you."

"I love it!" she exclaimed

"I knew you would love it." he replied

Then Defne handed the necklace to Ömer and he put it on her neck. The fire opal immediately matched her hair and eyes.