First Steps to Happiness

Defne's first days of being a new mother were a rollercoaster of emotions. Feeding Emine per some hours, changing diapers, midnight waking up already were a routine in Defne's every day life. But she was not complaining. She loved being a mother. Besides, she already has some training in some of these things, thanks to helping with baby İso when he was born. Also, she was not alone. She had her beloved husband Ömer by her side, who helped with anything that he could. Ömer had decided to remain at home for at least the first month, so that he could be there whenever it was needed to. Some days ago, the young parents even gave Emine her first ever bath together. It was a lovely experience for both of them.

Friday evening. Defne and Ömer were preparing to meet and gather with their family in order to celebrate the birth of Emine İplikçi Junior. Defne and Ömer prepared enough meals for the small family party. By 8 o'clock everyone had made their appearance at İplikçi's and everyone brought gifts for the little princess.

A little bit after dinner İso turned to Defne and asked her "Defo, could I please talk to you for a second?"

"Of course, İso, what's up?" she answered

"Come here." he replied

Defne followed İso and then asked him "Well, what is the matter?"

"Defo, I have been thinking about this for a long time." he began "I think I like Ayşegül and am wondering if I should ask her out. What would you say?"

"İso, are you kidding me?!" Defne exclaimed "Of course you should ask her! You both deserve real happiness."

"But she recently divorced and I am afraid she might be scared to hop into another relationship after all that." İsmail added "What if she says no?"

"You should give it a try." Defne replied "Ask her. Maybe she will agree."

"But do not waste your chance, İso!" Defne replied "You deserve it. You both do."

"Thanks, for your help, Defo, I really appreciate it." İso replied "İyi ki varsın!"

"You know I am always here to help." she replied back

The two friends hugged and then returned to the others.

"What is going on? What did you talk about?" Nihan hurried to ask

"It is nothing, Nihan. It was personal." İsmail answered her

"Okay... If you say so." she replied

An hour later all the guests had left and returned home.

Before going to bed Defne fed her daughter and changed her into a clean diaper, while Ömer was cleaning up the table and putting the dishes into the dishwasher.

A little later Emine was already asleep and Defne and Ömer were lying in bed, cuddled. Defne was again lost in her thoughts, which often caused her not to speak at all. Kissing her on her forehead, Ömer asked his wife "What is up, again?"

She sighed and answered him "İso told me he wanted to ask Ayşegül out but was afraid she might be scared after the divorce and refuse him."

"I think he should give it a try and ask her." Ömer said

"That is what I told him." she replied "He said he was going to try and ask her."

"This is good." he replied back "Let us wish him good luck."

"Yeah..." she replied

On the next day, on his way to the workshop, İsmail was planning, in his head, how he was going to ask Ayşegül out. He was thinking about all possible scenarios and ways he would ask her. Almost all week long he was trying to gather his courage.