Chapter 18- Pained.

"You don't get to scare me like that. Ever again!" Alma said firmly, tears still staining her cheeks, dripping onto my clothing. I didn't mind it however. All of this was my fault anyway.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry." I said, hugging the woman tightly.
How could she not blame me? I had been in her room to kill her.
The only reason it hadn't happened was because of some last minute miracle...
Did she not know this?
The woman loosened the hug, feeling me tense up.

"Are you alright?" She asked, a worried expression on her face.

"Mhm... just, happy you're here" I said, hugging her once more, then I turned around and walked inside.

"I'll just let Enoch out of the cellar" I said weakly, leaving the older woman confused and concerned.

____________
-Alma's POV-
I was making supper, as Y/n was getting checked over by Enoch per my request.
She hadn't wanted to, and had kept claiming she was fine.

Why had she turned away from me so quickly earlier? I'd just gotten her back.
It was selfish, but all i wanted was to have her close to me at all times.
Scared something similar might happen again.
The whole situation had been so strange...

"Ow-" I hissed, when suddenly I burned my hand on the stove.

"Are you alright?" I turned around to the raspy voice, y/n.
She was beautiful.
Wearing a black dress, but she looked...

"Yes I- I'm fine" I managed as i quickly turned away, tears building in my eyes.
Not because of my hand however.
I turned on the cold water and held my hand under it, but soon felt her take my wrist.

"Come here" she says, and slowly starts walking upstairs with me.
I reluctantly followed her, looking down and away from the woman the whole time.
I didn't catch the pained expression on her face, as I was too busy looking down, biting my cheek to keep my tears from falling.
What's wrong with me!

She walked to our room, sitting me down on my bed.
Though it was unlike me, i kept my head down, turning it away from her as she approached with the first aid kit.
She shot me a confused glance, worry displayed on her face, I only saw it through the reflection of a mirror.
I bit down harder on my cheek, feeling tears well up in my eyes.

"Here" said the younger woman, as she started to smear the healing solution on my hand.
To keep down a hiss, I accidentally bit down harder on the inside of my cheek, only to let out a hiss from that.
I was starting to taste blood.

"Hey... Alma?" I turned my face further away, wishing my hair would cover my face,
until i felt her hand gently on my jaw, turning my head.
I caught her eyes.

"What's wro-" I accidentally cut her off as a sob racked my body, and i clung myself to her, burying my head in the crook of her neck.

"I- Alma?" She says as she scoots further onto the bed, wrapping her arms around me. I didn't catch her panic, as everything was blurring out.

"I don't want you to leave!" I cried out suddenly.

I couldn't see her shocked expression, just felt her arms wrapping tighter around me, pulling me further up the bed, until she was propped against the bed frame.

_______________
-Y/N's POV-

"I'm sorry... i don't- I don't know whats wrong with me" Alma said, sobs racking through her body.

"Shhh, just relax. I'm here- Alma, I'm here!" I said, firmly, as she was about to cut me off.
Another sob racked through her, as she caught my eyes.

"I swear to fucking god! You don't leave!" She said, her talons digging into my jaw slightly, before she broke down again.

"I-" I didn't know what to say, i was honestly just too stunned to do anything but hold her against me tighter.
Did she just curse?