Chapter 14- Stab.

My back had been hurting, which normally wasn't that much of a problem, everyone had back pains. But the thing was, my scars were what was bothering me. Which was strange, seeing as they were scars. Long ago healed, relics of the past.

I'd also been avoiding Alma for, about 5 days, which first of all, was getting suspicious, and secondly, painful. And also the reason I couldn't sleep...
It wasn't her fault my stupid scars were hurting, after all. Maybe she could even help...

"Don't be foolish" I scolded myself. Don't show her those you fucking idiot. I facepalmed, and sat back down in the chair across from the vanity.
I was in the guest room, because, well I couldn't sleep with her.

Stupid

"What?!" I said, my head wipping up.

"Who said-" I was cut off.

Me

"Who!" I demanded, as if this wasn't crazy enough.

You know me already, we've met before.

What the hell.
My expression dropped, and I wanted to throw myself out of a window.

I'm going crazy, I thought to myself, or apparently not to myself.

You're not, i'm very much here.

"Well then leave" I said, my voice sharp as I abruptly got up from the chair.

I'll show you something

...

I was intrigued, and then again, a voice in my head couldn't possibly hurt me? Heck why not, it was midnight.

"Listening" I said, feeling foolish... and crazy on top of that.

Go to miss peregrines room, don't worry about waking her, she's fast asleep.

I started my walk down the hallway, and down a flight of stairs, then walked into Alma's room.
I didn't know what, but something made me do as the voice said.

"What. Now." I whispered harshly, blushing up from seeing the woman, beautiful as ever.

Now go over to that windowsill, and loosen the third tile from the left. Without looking, grab what's in the cavity.

...

It was almost as if I had no choice, my body taking the decision for me, on some level.
But i was still consciously there. So much so I managed to startle every time Alma moved. Even just the slightest bit.

Go on

Right. I went on, over to the windowsill, loosened the third tile, and without looking, wrapped my hand around something cold.
It felt strangely familiar, but then again, it didn't really.

Now walk toward the Ymbryne, still without looking!

I didn't want to.
"I don't want to" I said tears dwelling in my eyes, for a reason part of me still didn't know of.

You do. You want to just as much as me.

No, I really didn't. But I did it, apparently.

Now, you're not going to run away.

I wasn't, I really wanted to, but I wouldn't. Apparently...

Now look down, what are you holding?

I could almost here the smirk of whoever was talking.

I looked down.

"No" i whispered my voice breaking. I said it so silently, it was barely existent.

Yes

Tears were rolling down my cheeks, my body was shaking.
I was holding a knife.

Now, you're going to stab her. Right. In. The. Heart.

"No!" I cried out.

How was she not awake yet!

"NO!" I shouted it this time, as i was raising the knife. Thank God.
She woke up with a startle.

"Alma go, please. Please!" I pleaded her. She looked confused.

"What are you doing?!" She said startling out of the bed when she saw the knife.

Stab!

I swung the knife at her.

___________