Chapter 3- Eleven.

Next week had come faster than expected. It was now Tuesday, and you were to meet Alma at the old pub in thirty minutes. Which was about to be a problem, seeing as the walk to the pub took about 20 minutes, and you had been standing in front of your closet for the last 10, staring at it hopelessly.

"Oh screw it." You said finally, taking out the outfit you'd worn last time Alma had visited. She had said that the children would like it. This time however you checked if the blouse was transparent. Damn it. It was. A slight panic crept into you, but you just let your hair cover your scars hoping for the best. After all, why should she look at your back?

__________

You came running down the hill, now having the little pub in eye sight. Alma already stood there, waiting. You could see her foot tapping. You almost stopped for a second, thinking about how strange it was, seeing as you were still far away, but you didn't stop running. At last she turned her head, and did a little jump, coming towards you.

"I'm so sorry!" You said trying to catch your breath.

"Oh don't worry dear, you're only 2 minutes and 36 seconds late" she said smiling. You shot her a confused smile.

"I... time is a very delicate matter." She said. Then she started walking the direction you had come from, gesturing for you to come along. You saw her eyeing you over.

"D'you need a hair pin?" She asked after a while.

"Are you saying my hair looks bad?" You joked, with a fake offended tone.

"Oh stop it! You know i'm not!" She laughed out, nudging you slightly.

"But actually if you have something for my hair I'd appreciate it" you said, a little embarrassed. You'd forgotten all about your previous worries, being used to having your out of the way.

"Of course, i'll set it for you once we reach the home" she said.

'The home' you thought, strange wording, it sounded like she was saying it was a children's ho- suddenly it hit you.

"Wait, how many children did you say you have?" You asked, suddenly enough for her to look a bit surprised.

"... twelve" she said hesitantly. You'd have almost choked on pure air if she hadn't stopped up to explain.

"Alright so, they're not, mine mine, they're- ugh" she brought a her hand to pinch the bridge of her nose.

"You run a children's home then?" You half stated half asked. She looked up ready to defend the situation as if she needed too, but shut her mouth when she saw you smiling. You started walking again, stopping when she wasn't following.

"Well come on then! Can't let them all wait can we?" You said holding out a hand. She smiled warmly, walking up to you, taking your hand and then made haste.

___________

"So i'll get the children and a few hair pins and be right back" she said stopping a little away from the house-

(They are still outside of the loop btw)

-at least that's what you thought seeing as you couldn't exactly see a house anywhere near.

"Shan't I come with you?" You asked a little confused. If she had been taken aback by this comment it wasn't at all notable.

"The house is a mess you better wait here" you huffed.

"Right, your house a mess? But all right i'll stay" you said, a smirk on your lips seeing her cheeks tinge pink. After 15 or so minutes you heard exited chattering coming your way, and then Alma's voice, clear between the children's.

"All right, remember, do not attack her with questions, I haven't yet told her about our... situation" she said, you wondered shortly, what 'situation' she could be talking about, but were pulled out of your thoughts when a young girl came running your way.

"Hi!" She said excitedly.

"My name is Fiona, here!" She said, handing you a bouquet of flowers, handpicked it seemed, the fragrance of them was lovely and you thanked the girl -Fiona- before Alma introduced you to the rest of them.

____________

Once you'd reached the spot for the picnic, you helped Alma put out blankets and gave everyone their food, they all chattered excitedly, some shooting you nervous looks a couple times, but you assumed this was normal, seeing as you were a stranger. You had sat down yourself, enjoying the sun, when suddenly Alma sat down behind you, stroking through your hair. You turned your head, feeling the red creeping up your neck.

"What are you doing?" You asked with a confused smile playing on your lips.

"Setting your hair silly, now turn your head back" she said, grabbing your chin gently, and turning your head back.

You smiled looking down the slightest bit, a little embarrassed, and flustered enough to know you looked like a tomato. Once you looked up again, you saw a blonde girl smiling at you, hinting at Alma behind you, and making a silly kissing face, you played fake offended, and she giggled before turning back to the conversation of her other friends. You felt Alma breathe in, as if she was about to say something, but she stopped. You suddenly felt her hand on your back. Not on top of your shirt but on your skin.

"What-" she started, and you felt her finger running over one of your scars, but you pulled away uncomfortably. Being way to quick to stand up, you could now feel everyones eyes on you, and you -unfortunately- caught a glimpse of Alma's worried expression, which seemed to be killing you slowly.

"I seem to have lost my... phone, on the way here. I'll just..." you turned and made pace, thanking god that one of the younger kids had needed Alma just as she was about to run after you.

Well that didn't go quite as planned...

___________

I'm BACK!...
Somewhat back❤️