Chapter 6- Truth is reletive, only because i am drunk.

(Just for information; no, I am not drunk! It is just the title because a character will be drunk)

You'd just eaten breakfast, and as you were walking to the kitchen from the cozy seat in the living room, something tripped you.
You shrieked, as you lost your balance, and with it, touch of the plate. It shattered on the ground, just as you yourself hit the ground, with a loud two;
*thunk*
*thunk*
First your body, then your head. You got up on your elbows, rubbing your forehead.

"Damn it" you whisper-shouted. You pushed yourself up, to sit on your knees, feeling your foot being trapped, in between two floorboards. You looked back, seeing a loosened floorboard leaving your foot to be stuck, in between the loosened one, and the stern one.
You kicked down with your foot, and after a few tries, managed to break the board.

Now you remembered. When Alma had come over, you'd nearly fallen over the loosened board.

You removed the rest of it, revealing a little box, buried under it.
You pulled on the boards beside the already ruined on, and tore those up as well.
Well, only parts of them, seeing as you didn't want to replace the whole floor.

You pulled out the little box. It was heavy.
And black metal was creating beautiful patterns on the outside of it.

You got a knife from the kitchen, putting the blade, into the little creak of the opening. You pushed down, hoping the box would open.
It didn't.
Instead, the knife broke, and half of the blade flew towards your face.

"WOAH!" You shouted as you threw yourself to the side. You were still on your knees.
As you looked back, you saw half of the knife lay on the floor, and entwined with the strands on the end of the carpet.

"How peculiar" you said.
Suddenly, you heard a clicking noise, and turned around, to see the blade of the knife, falling to the carpet, and the lid of the box, having loosened, waiting to be opened fully.

You opened it carefully, as if thinking, arrows would shoot out of it. Once you'd opened it though, you were surprised to see, a bunch of old pictures. Each pile, bound with a string. You looked at the first few. The ones on the top. Not really suspecting anything strange.

Maybe they were from your grandfathers school days, you thought.
At least until you pulled out the last pile, which, on the first glance, also didn't look too suspicious.
But when you looked closer, a boy who was facing something that looked like a large black cloud floating beside him, caught your eye.
It looked like, Hugh...

But no, it couldn't be. You'd just seen your grandfather in his teens?

You untied a stack of photos, seeing your grandfather, conversing with a woman... not just, any woman. It was Alma.
No.
It. Couldn't. Be!
She would have to be over a hundred years old!
Were you going crazy?

You put down the images, and rubbed your eyes, like people always do in those stupid kids cartoons.
Then you picked up the pictures again.
She was still there.
No.
This was absolute, and utterly impossible!
You looked through the other ones.
The children.
The children, of course, were also on pictures from nineteen hundred something.
You laughed.
A panicked laugh.
You felt like, someone could come and attack you.

"Stop it..." you whispered. Your British accent coming forth. You only ever spoke with that accent, when you were panicked. Else way, you associated it, with something bad from your childhood.

"No, no, no, no, no, no" you said, thinking you were going crazy, just as your grandfather had. Schizophrenia often manifests in peoples 20's. You'd read that.

"No, stop it." You said, still with you native accent. You threw the pictures into the box, and the box, under the floorboards, and the carpet, over said floorboards.

"Mm" you said, shaking your head.

"Nope"
You went to the kitchen, and opened up a bottle of bourbon. Not knowing how old the drink was, you looked it up and down, sceptical. Eventually you took the first sip, grimaced, and repeated.

Until you were just about floating between worlds.

                                     -23.09-

Someone knocked.
It was Alma, you already knew.
Something was wrong about Alma, the one side of your brain was telling you.
You worked hard for the answer.
Oh right.
She was immortal!
You laughed.
Stupid fucking world.
Playing tricks on you.
You walked over to the door.
Maybe, stumbled over, would've been more accurate.

"Hi" you said, raspy voice, and not fully lucid.
She grimaced.

"Are you drinking?!" She said shocked.
She was shocked?
She was immortal, why was she shocked that you were drinking?!

"And you-"
You placed your index finger above her chest.
"-are immortal" you laughed.
Laughed as in, laughed like a maniac.

She locked shocked. Then her face loosened up a bit.

"Not immortal. Peculiar." She said.

"Come here" she took you by the shoulders, entering.
She was dangerous.
She couldn't come in!
....
She was hugging you.
Now you were flying.
Nope. Nope she was just carrying you.
Why...
Why was she carrying you?

"I'm going to explain everything tomorrow alright. Now rest."

__________
Let's just pretend I haven't been gone for over a month:D