Chapter 22- ,,She can have mine!"

"Alma let me handle this please" I said as i made my way to the door.

"I'm going with you, and before you say anything!" She said as i was in fact about to say something.

"This is my home, and if whoever's at the door is a danger to its residents, i have the right to go with them." She finished.

I looked at her skeptically, but softened my gaze and took her hand.

"Fine, birdie" I smiled, as she blushed.
We started our way down the stairs, hands no longer intertwined, and Millard behind us, we reached the bottom of the stairs, now able to see who it was, at the door.

I froze suddenly, and Alma stiffened and turned around, studying my face.

"Are you alright love?" She asked silently. I didn't know how i'd been able to hear it.

"..Ye-yeah, you know what no. Get this piece of shit out, of the house!" I had raised my voice, as i started walking towards the man at the door.

"Go" i said, staring him dead in the eye. He smirked, and i could feel Alma stepping closer. He looked at her.

"What a pretty lady," he said.

"Maybe i should've come to get you instead" he said to her. I heard her huffing, and I couldn't help but put a protective arm in front of her.

The man laughed.
"What? It's not like she's yours" he said. My hard glare fell for a moment, but then i felt a hand on my waist, and suddenly it was Alma who was holding her arm in front of me.

"Hm, but she definitely, is mine." She said, her voice was sharp, yet soft.

My gaze shifted to her, what?

"And you have not come here to take anyone sir" she said grabbing onto the door, ready to close it.
But this only made him step further inside.
Alma was much shorter than him, not because the woman was short in any way, but because he was huge, and unpleasant. But that was besides the point. We both took a step back.

"I have," he said.
"I will be taking my daughter home" he said, suddenly grabbing onto my wrist, Alma was quick to react however, and put her hand half on top of his.

"What- ow!" He shouted pulling his hand back. I looked at him confused, and then at Alma, who had a soaring expression on her face.
I looked to his hand again, and saw deep red marks, blood flowing out of them.
I glanced down, and saw the same blood on Alma's talons.
I had to smother a laugh, though I couldn't smother my smile.

"She has my last name!" He said harshly.
Something seemed to snap in Alma, because her gaze grew firm, and deadly, she looked like she was about to snap his neck.

"Well!" She said, raised voice, while stepping forward, pushing him to step out of the house, but she didn't stop walking, and neither did he for that sake, i followed them out, stopping once out the door.

"Your." She said, pushing him to fall.
"Last" she shown her talons.
"Name!" She shouted at him.
"DOESN'T MATTER!" She had been ready to claw out his eyes, no doubt at that. But i grabbed her hand, having realised the children were awake, and watching.

"Alma" i whisper shouted. she was apparently still fuming with rage.

"Go." She said.

"But it's my last-"

"Will you shut it!" Alma shouted and he stumbled backwards.
I was seriously confused, why was this getting such a rise out of her?!

"It's my-"

"She can have mine! Now go! Before you wont be able to anymore!" She shouted.

I looked at her eyes wide, not caring to look at the man who was now stumbling away.

She took a deep breath. And then turned around with a smile.

"Uh-" I... what?
I couldn't even think.

"What did you say?" I managed.

She laughed dryly.
"A lot..." she said, looking apologetic.

"No no no no no. About your name." I said.
She seemed to realise, and her eyes widened, as she went to walk away.

"Oh- ignore that i was just-"
I cut her off by grabbing her wrist making her look at me.

"Did you mean it?" I asked,

"I wha-"

"Alma, in all its seriousness. Did you mean it".
The silence was loud, until finally.
She nodded.

My eyes widened, and panic seemed to shoot through her.

"You don't have to-"

"Alma!" I said, tears streaming my cheeks.

"Please let me" i said, trying my hardest not to break down sobbing out of happiness.

"Wait, what! Seriously!" She said, smiling widely, as tears formed in her eyes.

"YES!" I shouted and collided into her arms. I let out a sob, as did she.

Suddenly the children started cheering, and we turned our heads to look at them.
I was laughing, though it sounded more like crying.

"I love you so much!"

"I'm getting you a ring" she cried, and i chuckled, and then, she placed her lips on mine.

__________

Let's see if they actually get married or if i end the book here😂😇