Chapter 17- Dead or alive?

I gasped awake, getting caught on my air because of a dry throat.
A sleep written Enoch jumped and immediately came over.
I was still coughing, fighting the tube that was pushed down my throat.

"Shhhh" he said.

"Easy tiger." He gently pulled it out, and helped me to sit.
As i was still in a coughing fit, he handed me a glass of water, which i drank in a few seconds.

"Thank you" i said, my voice just a raspy whisper.
He nodded.

"You should lie down, for the healing process" he said, going to close up a bag of utensils.

I didn't immediately do as he said, going to ask him about Alma first.

"The bird is getting some sleep... finally" he added.

I looked at him, confused. He only glanced back at me, and proceeded to fumble around. I grunted, fishing the pillow from behind me and throwing it at him.
He looked at me.

"What?!" He said, a little frustrated as he came back with the pillow.

"What do you mean 'finally'?" I said, my voice giving in multiple times, but he got the gist of it.

He looked at me confused, then laid the back of his hand on my forehead. His confusion only seemed to grow, and he turned to look at a notebook on a table that had been moved into the strange room. It seemed to be surgical notes.

"Can you sit up straight for a moment?" he asked surprisingly politely, and I did as told.

He came over to listen to my lungs, and I took a deep breath in as instructed. he hummed.

"Nothing seems to be wrong" he said confused.

"Wha- why should something be wrong? Enoch! Is Alma okay!?" I demanded. He shot me another confused look.

"Of course? Do you know how long you've been out?" he asked, starting to grow a bit concerned.

I felt my blood run cold. What did he mean by that?!

"Enoch what aren't you telling me!" I raised my voice at him, as much as it was possible anyway.

"... you've been out for about three weeks." He said, so silently that I almost didn't catch it.

"I- what?" I said, but he knew I'd heard. I couldn't quite read his face anymore, and before i even knew it, i started getting up, detangling myself from any wires and needles.

"Y/n stop!" he tried, but I got were up before he could even react properly.

A shooting pain erupted in my stomach and i doubled over with a hiss, before straightening out, and walking out of the door. I Didn't know this part of the house. it was dark and i didn't know where to go. Enoch tried barging after me but i closed the door and grabbed a chair nearby to 'seal it of', so to say.

He banged against the door, making me almost disoriented, but i focused and tried to listen for something else, until i heard footsteps. they came from over my head, and i figured must've been in the cellar. I started walking through the large area, there were so many doors. my eyes quickly adjusted to the dark, and eventually i came to a staircase, running up despite the pain in my side.

i barged out, and seen the front door, and on the other side, a familiar navy blue coat, i ran past Hug who was utmost shocked, and ripped open the door.

There she was, Alma.

She turned around hearing the sudden noise. God she looked tired. I could see tears in her eyes, as she dropped whatever it was she had in her hands, and slowly started running over, only growing faster once i started doing the same.

My own tears started pricking my eyes, and then, finally, I felt her arms around me as a sob racked her body. I pulled her closer, not that that was even possible at this point, and hugged the women as she cried, my tears falling freely down my cheeks.

"Hi birdie" i said with a small sob.

"Don't ever do that again!" she scolded pulling me out to look at her. But she quickly closed the gab between us as her lips met mine.

________________

i zoned out writing this entire chapter. i have no idea what i just wrote!!?