[🐁] Workplace Lovestory ~ GregDC

RATED: Teen, Fluff, Drug Mention, Explicit Language, Implies Sexuality
PAIRING: Greg x DC
SUMMARY: this is set in 2020 when the statehouse started, but what happened when the cameras were off, but yes, the rest of the summary is in the title

~~~

No one's pov:

Greg was standing outside the statehouse, he had been hired recently for a new gig in which he would be filming a reality tv show. Since he was just the sound manager he hadn't been told much about it.

He grabbed his microphones and made his way into the house, the actors had not arrived yet so he had time to set up and hopefully smoke a cigarette before they got here.

He put his microphones on the table and spread them out so they were easy to grab, before getting the boom pole out and leaning it up against the table so it was easier to switch microphones while they filmed inside.

After doing this he made his way out to the front porch and walked down the stairs. He stood in the driveway right in front of the garage and lit a cigarette. As he smoked the actors began to arrive. He saw them and was almost a bit shocked when he recognised a few of them from his last gig. Small world I guess.

He waved at Florida and DC before putting out his cigarette and walking back into the house.

He grabbed his microphone and put it on the boom pole before walking back out. Assuming the filming would start outside for an intro, he was correct of course.

They filmed the outdoors part before going inside to film more. After all the filming he sat down on the couch. Most of the team left but he decided he could sleep on the couch as it made it easier.

DC walked into the living room and sat on the couch with him. "So, now that we have time to catch up, how's life?" Greg smiled at DC.

The last time he worked with DC they had a very complicated relationship, but DC made Greg happier than most others did. "Oh I've been fine, bouncing around jobs a lot."

DC raised an eyebrow, "you know you could always come back to the table, we actually never hired a new sound guy and if you were looking for a stable position-" Greg chuckled a bit.

"That sounds great but I'm not sure if I want more of what you made me feel when I worked there." DC smiled innocently. "Well why not?" He leaned a little bit closer. "Because it's unprofessional, darling. You of all people should know that"

Greg jokingly pushed him away. "Well we don't need to be professional all of the time, just when the cameras are on." Greg turned to him.

"What are you suggesting, bunker boy?" DC rolled his eyes "well I was gonna ask you on a date, if you would be ok with it."

Greg smiled "what day then" "maybe this Thursday?" "That's in 2 days" "I know, I'm impatient." Greg chuckled as he leaned against the other. "So is that a yes?" Greg nodded in response.

"Alright, I'll bring you there then" Greg nodded as the other stood up and Greg leaned back onto the couch. He pulled the blanket over himself and fell asleep quickly.

2 days later-

Greg was getting ready for their date, he just was wearing his normal outfit and a beanie he'd bought recently, it was just plain dark gray but he loved it.

He walked out to the kitchen where DC was waiting for him. Florida ran into the kitchen with Loui. "Where y'all going??"

"Grocery shopping, did you need something besides being an annoyance?" DC asked.

Greg walked up to him smiling. "Why's Greg going with?" "Because he's the only mature one here, see you guys in a bit."

Greg and DC walked out with that. "Sorry about them, uhm- may I?" DC apologized before holding out his hand for Greg.

Greg smiled a bit more as he intertwined his fingers with DC's. "The place is just around the block so I figured we'd walk,"

Greg nodded even though he knew he'd still be tired after the walk. Eventually they made it there and headed inside. "It's not much special, but I thought you'd enjoy it more than some big elaborate restaurant."

The restaurant they were at was a diner, kind of an old fashion one where the waitresses were on skates and stuff. "You were right, this is great"

"Sooo does that mean you'll come back to the table?" Greg laughed a bit. "We'll see how good the food is, Fed" DC rolled his eyes while smiling before the waitress came over and got their drink orders and gave them menus.

"I'll have a sprite" Greg said "and I'll have a coffee."

"Alright I'll have those out in just a minute!" The waitress responded before skating off.

Greg looked at him a little bit like he was crazy, "coffee at 6 pm?"

"I have a lot of paperwork to do," DC responded. "I guess I have a lot of distracting to do then!" They both laughed a little. After they ordered their food and after DC ordered another cup of coffee they paid, even though DC insisted he would pay for the whole thing Greg managed to get the waitress to split it.

DC folded his arms, Greg chuckled a little bit. "Aw, don't get cranky on me now" DC flushed softly and covered his face. "We're in public, Greg."

"I didn't say anything remotely romantic, it's not my fault you're easily flustered!" Greg took the tablet from the waitress and paid for his portion before handing it off to DC. They both paid before standing up and exiting the restaurant.

"Anything else I can do for you?" Greg paused and looked at him, DC smiled gently. "How about we just go back to the house and you can see what you can do for me there."

Greg winked jokingly before laughing as DC's cheeks grew hot. "I'm joking, don't worry about it" DC nodded.

As they started to walk home they intertwined their fingers again.

"You've been awfully quiet," Greg said as they turned down their street. DC glanced at him. "Oh nothing, just thinking about work tomorrow." Greg stopped them in front of the house.

"You scrunch your nose when you lie, you know?" DC folded his arms. "What are you actually thinking about?"

DC shook his head as his cheeks grew hot again. Greg took notice of this quite quickly. "Oh.. seriously? That's a little bit gay, man" DC went deeper shades of pink. "Shut up we literally were holding hands a few seconds ago!!"

Greg laughed and grabbed his hand again. "Cmon then, we better just hope that they sound proofed those walls!" DC's head was spinning as Greg walked them up to the door. They disconnected as they walked into the house. DC walked into the kitchen to make it seem less suspicious as Greg walked down the hall to DC's room before disappearing out of sight into his room.

A bunch of the states were on the couch and looked up at DC in the kitchen who was just leaning against the counter, trying to process everything before heading back to his room.

Despite their efforts many of the states exchanged looks that told each other they were thinking the exact same thing.

~~~

A/N:
1252 words :3

Anyone want a smutshot continuation?

-NoAh♡