[🐁] Punk Music and Book Nooks ~ CaliYork

Requested by: Elliot-Rivera

RATED: Teen, Fluff
PAIRING: California x New York
SUMMARY: book nook cuddles :D

~~~

No one's pov

California left the board room feeling especially happy. A bunch more people were showing the ability to express basic human rights towards minorities and only one little fight broke out but it was only over football and nothing serious in Cal's eyes.

He walked through the living room into the kitchen where he grabbed a sparkling water before heading back to the living room.

He sat down and draped his legs across the entire couch. Florida saw him do this and instead of staying in his usual preferred seat on the ground next to Loui's chair he walked over to the couch and promptly sat on Cal's legs.

"Dude what the hell!!" He yelled as he jumped from the sudden increase of weight on his legs. Florida snickered and leaned back until Cal leaned forward and roughly pushed him off. Florida sat on the floor and smiled innocently at him like he hadn't just done that.

California rolled his eyes and stood up. Walking upstairs to his room. He heard loud blaring punk rock music streaming out of New York's room and a very annoyed Massachusetts banging on the door to tell him to turn it down. He chuckled at this sight and walked into his room.

He sat down in his reading corner on his bean bag chair with his sparkling water and opened up his laptop to start his own music. He connected his wireless headphones and started playing his playlist.

He reached up to his book shelf and grabbed a random book. The book he grabbed was "They Both Die At The End" by Adam Silvera. He's finished this book before but it was pretty good and he didn't mind reading it again. He opened to the first page and began reading. About 30 pages into the book he saw the door open in the top of his vision. He moved his headphones off his head and looked up at New York standing in the doorway.

"Babe can you tell Massa that this is a free country and I can listen to whatever I want." Massachusetts chimed in from behind him "I never said it wasn't. I just said if yous play it at full volume again I'm gunna file a noise complaint!!"

New York rolled his eyes and Cal motioned for him to come in and close the door. He did so and walked over to lay his head in California's lap. "He's annoying."

Cali chuckled and continued reading. "You'll be ok dear." He placed a hand on the side of New York's face and gently stroked his stubbly chin. New York crossed his arms and sat there angrily.

"What's wrong now?" New York shook his head "nothing just let me be pissed off." Cal shrugged as New York scooted closer to him.

"Put the book down and give me attention nerd." Cal closed the book and turned to him. "Why do you have to be mean about everything?" He said, folding his arms in.

New York promptly took this opportunity to climb into his lap and curl up. Cal sighed gently while smiling.

'He's like a giant mean cat.' He thought as he leaned against the wall and closed his eyes. New York leaned his head on the other's chest before conking out. Cal followed suit about 5 minutes later.

The two fell asleep in each other's arms and drifted off to two completely different dream worlds, both including the other subtly.

~~~~~

A/N:
593 Words :)

Tysm to everyone who has read this far, I love writing little things for you guys and I hope I can make someone's day a little bit better even if the story is a bit shorter than I would've preferred :,)

-NoAh♡