[🌧️] Orange Ribbons on Cowboys ~ Texas Angst

Requested by: IHopeURHappy29

RATING: Teen, Angst, Self Harm/Bl00d
PAIRING: (failed) Texas x Oklahoma
SUMMARY: I promise I won't always make Oklahoma an asshole. Also Texas is probably on the spectrum. Okay "probably" is an understatement. He's definitely on the spectrum.

~~~~~

No one's pov:

Texas walked into the living room and sat down on the couch with a couple of the southern states. They were watching football, as always. He glanced around Alabama to the other side of the couch, Oklahoma was sitting there watching, clearly fixated. Texas promised himself he'd tell him tonight but he didn't want to bother him until after the game.

A couple of people gave him weird looks for being so fixated on a Sooners game, which makes sense considering who he is, but he doesn't actually mind Oklahoma. The teasing is just how he shows his love but he isn't sure if Oklahoma understands that. That's what he's going to explain tonight.

The game finished and everyone stood up and started leaving. Texas grabbed Oklahoma's wrist as he passed and he stumbled back. Regaining his balance Texas released his wrist. Everyone besides Alabama and Florida had left. They were watching from the stairs as Texas started talking.

"I have something to tell ya, can we talk right now?" Oklahoma nodded softly before crossing his arms. His team lost, Texas was about to mock him.

"I don't do good with these things so I'm sorry if this is too straightforward. I like you. Like a lot. I don't even remember when I started having these feelings but everytime you look my way I stop breathing. I know I'm an asshole to you but it's never sincere. But pretty much I love you and I was wondering if you would want to try maybe.. going out on a date with me?"

Florida had texted California to come watch so he was watching from the top of the stairs as well. California thought that was the sweetest thing ever but that didn't last.

Oklahoma and Texas made eye contact for the first time and Texas' heart sank. He looked so.. disgusted.

"That's funny. I'm straight and you're seriously fucked in the head if you ever thought you had a chance with me." Texas hung his head slightly.

"I just didn't think that.." Oklahoma scoffed "yea. Ya clearly didn't think, did ya?" He started walking towards his room. "And do me a favor, keep it to yourself next time. Faggot." Oklahoma shut his door and locked it.

Texas' started moving on his own. He heard people walking towards him as he opened the front door and walked out into the cool night air.

Texas sat down on the curve and put his head in his knees. He cried silently. Tears streamed down his face as every word ricocheted around in his hollow skull. Footsteps approached him gently in the grass. One pair only.

"Go. Away." Whoever it was sat down next to him. California's voice cut through the white noise of crickets and flowing leaves. "Hey... that wasn't your fault I-" Texas cut him off "yes it is don't bullshit me."

He lifted his head from his knees, his voice broke as he tried to speak. "If I wasn't like th-is we wouldn't be here right now." His eyes were puffy and red as he stared at the street.

"Doesn't mean it gave him any right to treat you like that. He could've been respectful or at least not spouted slurs at you." Texas shook his head.

"No. He was right. All he did was a reality check." Texas dropped his head again. California sighed. "Don't talk to me." Texas stood up and walked back inside as California followed.

Texas closed the door to his room and sat down against the wall with a pillow. He cried quietly into it, unable to cry any harder. He cried for hours before he felt relieved in the slightest.